MURPHY FAIR 2019

Southtowner

On 7/15/2019 at 5:16 AM, Swipes said:

Catching the Mav's off guard?  Come on now Mavsinflight you know better than that.  AC wanted that game since they lost in the quarter final's the year before to the Devil's, so catching them off guard is a bunch of Bull.  It could be that Greeneville had been in that situation before in front of that many people and the Mav's had the deer in headlights look.  We should know real early the potential of both teams since Powell plays both teams Back to Back to start the season.  I see another round 3 match up between AC and Greeneville again this year as long as both team's stay healthy 

Swipes I hope we can get that defense down. Lot of really good kids but very young. At least they got plenty of playing time both Greeneville and Mavericks. 

This Powell game will be a good tester for Greeneville. Can't wait for it. What your thoughts... And is Greeneville going undefeated :)

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Swipes I hope we can get that defense down. Lot of really good kids but very young. At least they got plenty of playing time both Greeneville and Mavericks. 

This Powell game will be a good tester for Greeneville. Can't wait for it. What your thoughts... And is Greeneville going undefeated :)

This years team is a Blend of Guys that have started or played a lot since their freshman or Sophomore year and guy's that are wanting to prove themselves going against that big Senior Class we had last year.  You will hear some new names on both sides of the ball this year that i think will surprise a lot of people that aren't around the Devil's football program.  Returning starters are Youngblood (Furman Commit), Everhart (Holds Offers from Marshall, Navy, WKU,MTSU, ETSU, Charlotte, Richmond, Etc.)  Albright (Moved from Safety to ILB beside Youngblood and the UT Commit), Greenway, Iezzi.  We have Drew Gregg at QB who transfered from Knox Catholic and Started half their games last year when Jancek got hurt.  Aj Stewart (Science Hill's starting QB/DB last year) has also moved to Greeneville and Look for him to be a starting DB or Safety at 6'1 185lb.  The names I think people don't know but will before the end of the season is Keyontae Harrison (Younger brother of Quan Harrison who has done good things at ETSU), Raymond Knuckles (Has an offer from Davidson), Jayden Pruitt, Brock Moore (Dustin Moore's Son), Mason Gudger (a Sophomore who was the leading rusher in 3 games last year), and Jaden Stevenson (Placed 7th as a freshman in the Large School division long jump last year).  Terry Grove has the Potential to be the next big thing out of Greeneville.  He is only a sophomore and really raw but a really good basketball player who stand at 6'4 250lb and will likely start at DE and OT and started JV last year. (The coaches seem to be high on him which says a lot)

I think if we can get past the first game at Powell we will have a good shot of going undefeated.  A lot of questions in that game with a new head coach and a lot of new faces starting but have done good things at the JV level and in the weight room and practice field.  I figure to see a lot of Youngblood bruising people until everything Gels.  Just my opinion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Swipes said:

This years team is a Blend of Guys that have started or played a lot since their freshman or Sophomore year and guy's that are wanting to prove themselves going against that big Senior Class we had last year.  You will hear some new names on both sides of the ball this year that i think will surprise a lot of people that aren't around the Devil's football program.  Returning starters are Youngblood (Furman Commit), Everhart (Holds Offers from Marshall, Navy, WKU,MTSU, ETSU, Charlotte, Richmond, Etc.)  Albright (Moved from Safety to ILB beside Youngblood and the UT Commit), Greenway, Iezzi.  We have Drew Gregg at QB who transfered from Knox Catholic and Started half their games last year when Jancek got hurt.  Aj Stewart (Science Hill's starting QB/DB last year) has also moved to Greeneville and Look for him to be a starting DB or Safety at 6'1 185lb.  The names I think people don't know but will before the end of the season is Keyontae Harrison (Younger brother of Quan Harrison who has done good things at ETSU), Raymond Knuckles (Has an offer from Davidson), Jayden Pruitt, Brock Moore (Dustin Moore's Son), Mason Gudger (a Sophomore who was the leading rusher in 3 games last year), and Jaden Stevenson (Placed 7th as a freshman in the Large School division long jump last year).  Terry Grove has the Potential to be the next big thing out of Greeneville.  He is only a sophomore and really raw but a really good basketball player who stand at 6'4 250lb and will likely start at DE and OT and started JV last year. (The coaches seem to be high on him which says a lot)

I think if we can get past the first game at Powell we will have a good shot of going undefeated.  A lot of questions in that game with a new head coach and a lot of new faces starting but have done good things at the JV level and in the weight room and practice field.  I figure to see a lot of Youngblood bruising people until everything Gels.  Just my opinion

Wow! Yeah when I seen Greeneville on TV up close last year at the AC game it was like wow is that a College team. Very impressive size. Know wonder they have a good recruiting. It sounds like Greeneville is set to make another run. Hope AC is physically and mentally ready. Not sure we are playing the best at home lately. I have no idea if Powell can play at the level Greeneville plays but we will see soon. Good luck and maybe the Mavs can get something going this year. I hope we do not take Howard for granted. It won't be long until I get bullied by Devilman and he has a right to some of it... LOL No I learned last year Greeneville were an Awsome Team. You have something to be well proud of! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Glad to see Dyersburg senior Sean Harris and sophomore running back Darrius Harris make Murphy Fair pre season 4A all state team. 

A lot of people said last year don’t be surprised if you see Dyersburg’s Chris Russell play in the SEC, and sure enough he signs with Texas A&M.  

I don’t think either of these Harris kids will be overlooked....Darrius, a speedy sophomore running back, stands at 6’1 250lbs

Interesting article in local paper, says Dburg will face 11 of the 24 players listed on the pre-season selection.....

https://www.stategazette.com/story/2622132.html

Edited by mg

4 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Wow! Yeah when I seen Greeneville on TV up close last year at the AC game it was like wow is that a College team. Very impressive size. Know wonder they have a good recruiting. It sounds like Greeneville is set to make another run. Hope AC is physically and mentally ready. Not sure we are playing the best at home lately. I have no idea if Powell can play at the level Greeneville plays but we will see soon. Good luck and maybe the Mavs can get something going this year. I hope we do not take Howard for granted. It won't be long until I get bullied by Devilman and he has a right to some of it... LOL No I learned last year Greeneville were an Awsome Team. You have something to be well proud of! 

Last years class was very special especially to me (Most of these kids came to our Football camp and speed training when they were little one, and Cade was actually our ball boy my senior year).  In my opinion that was the best Greeneville Team we have had so far.  A lot of hard work in the weight room and going the extra mile with that group (Not just in football but around town too).  With the system and culture at Greeneville right now and the coaching staff they have it's always going to be a next man up restock kind of team every year.

I had great respect for the AC kid's last year and actually went and watched some of their home games since I live in Knoxville.  Anyone that can go through what Stanton did and come out the way he did has all the respect in the world to me.  Also loved the way Ryan Moog played the game of football (Reminded me a lot of myself and how i played back in the day).  AC will be fine and like i said earlier I believe we see you all again at Burley this time 8-)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Swipes said:

You know whats amazing? I live 1,900 miles from Greeneville and both of my bosses just happen to be Science Hill graduates! This is some great ammo for the trash talk haha