Top 100 OL Morris among 5 Memphis pro​​​​​​spects transferring to Ravenwood

kwc

Stacking the table at Ravenwood. This reeks of impropriety. 

I pray this is fake news!!!

I am sorry, this is not good for the game!!!

My suggestion would be any transfer has to sit out one year, unless a parent is teaching full time in that school system. 

This has to stop somewhere!!!

TSSAA HAS TO STEP UP AND FIX THIS!!!

Edited by Director
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

The article says the Guardian already has a good relationship with Grimes and his father. This would make all ineligible due to an existing coaching relationship if I'm not mistaken. Surely this will not happen.

Not if the elder Grimes wasn't his coach at a previous high school, it wouldn't.  

That rule prevents players following a current coach to another school.  

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

The article says the Guardian already has a good relationship with Grimes and his father. This would make all ineligible due to an existing coaching relationship if I'm not mistaken. Surely this will not happen.

Only if Grimes was a coach at his previous school.Interesting!

If a student with an athletic record transfers to a new school where an “athletic coaching link” existed 
in the past 12 months, that student is ineligible for 12 months past their first date of enrollment at the 
new school at all levels in the specific sports where a linkage was present. Links may include (1) 
attendance at an individual camp (and then transferring); (2) playing on non-school (independent) 
teams (and then transferring to that coach’s school); (3) transferring into a school where a former 
coach has been hired; and (4) transferring to a school where a former or current personal trainer or 
strength and conditioning coach is employed.

Edited by orngnblk

49 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Ah I see. I wonder what the connection is then and if it would fall under one of these. 

This reaks of Grimes and NPA. He does training for them. Alot of top kids involved and network with National Playmakers Academy.

SUPERSTAR BUDDY GARRITY

Edited by DillonPanthers1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, DillonPanthers1 said:

This reaks of Grimes and NPA. He does training for them. Alot of top kids involved and network with National Playmakers Academy.

SUPERSTAR BUDDY GARRITY

Yep.  Was told last night that there is definitely a connection there and that Bernard is awaiting something to his his desk.  

• Upvote 2