Top 100 OL Morris among 5 Memphis pro​​​​​​spects transferring to Ravenwood

kwc

10 hours ago, LoveForTheGame said:

When Hester was getting kids from Metro Nashville and Rutherford County to enroll at Nolensville while pretending they were legitimate WilCo students, everyone ignored it. Now a few players openly and transparently decide to go to Ravenwood and everyone has a problem. 

It wasn't even that long ago (2011-12) when Ravenwood-zoned athletes were abusing Williamson County "open zone" rules to transfer to rival schools only to have success AGAINST the motherland.

Even today, Ravenwood doesn't have the advantage of being in a county (South of Knoxville, *cough cough*) where anyone can attend schools out of zone, albeit for a fee. And unlike a certain school in Murfreesboro, Ravenwood doesn't have a former principal hand-drawing the county's school zone boundaries in a gerrymandering-like scheme to ensure the neighborhoods with the best athletes end up at the right school. 

But at the end of the day, it won't matter, because the Raptors will be getting better each day, and taking care of business when the lights go on each Friday night. Ravenwood still ought to be getting to work, because I heard the trophy case needs a little more room for another Gold Ball.

Hey, if you want to take a shot at the Murfreesboro all stars that's fine, but leave Alcoa out of it. 

giphy.gif

*cough cough*

Edited by Red Rebels

9 hours ago, LoveForTheGame said:

Maybe the TSSAA has allowed Wilco transfers to play immediately more often than not, but the county’s zoning own policies have largely prevented anarchic free agentcy.  

There are a few major exceptions, such as “open zone” schools to alleviate certain situations of overcrowding. Years ago (long before Nolensville opened), Ravenwood was hit HARD by this rule as it allowed RHS-zoned kids to openly transfer for any reason including athletics. Brentwood and Centennial feasted off Ravenwood’s zone in the pre-Hester years.

Of course, when the Raptors on-field performance drastically improved and Ravenwood became a place kids wanted to transfer into and play, only then conveniently the county had a zoning  policy and that “rules are rules.” Heck, when a Ravenwood-zoned Centennial player transfered back to Ravenwood a handful of years ago, he had to sit out a year for transferring despite being at his ZONED school. 

So it sounds like you mad at you own counties School Board Policy not the TSSAA which are pretty black and white of what is classified as "Open Zone".

Did you think that the Centennial player that transfered back to Ravenwood and was at the school he was zoned for had to sit out a year because he already had an athletic record at Centennial?  That is black and white with the TSSAA also....

10 hours ago, workinprogress said:

This is the first I have heard of Hester getting illegal players from out of zone. I had always heard Hester wanted to go to Nolensville because that is where his athletes were. If you knew he was getting illegal players why wasn't it brought up on these boards. 

Also, even if Hester was getting illegal players it still does not make it right now. 

I'll add that Rutherfords zones are all pretty consistent with the way they have been before the new director. They have only slightly changed now due to Rockvale opening. The thing that has helped oakland the most is the IB program and the high level of coaches there. Even their middle school staff is top notch. 

It was on the boards workin along with the Hendersonville and lavergne convo. 

3 hours ago, sheppy said:

How does Melvin Cole become the Guardian of 5 football players in Memphis?  To me, that's a red flag right there.  I am guessing he is their legal educational guardian.

I pointed this out what 5 or 6 years ago with Hendersonville.  Same thing happened with Fitzgerald and his defunct Academy and BIM funneling players.  Funny thing is I am not sure how many even graduated at Hendersonville.  Their star player Carter went back to his zoned school, Stratford, his senior year.  

Now there is a controversy with Mr Grimes claiming he does not know anything about the guys supposedly coming in the new article.