Wow...2019 HS Volleyball will be here soon!

Rockstar89

2 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

She's a good player but would be the third best at her position if she played in WilCo.  

Maybe if she played at Brentwood, but mark Apostle's list: every 12AAA team lost both a libero and a DS except Franklin (?). She'd be in the mix to start for pretty much any of those.

On paper, Siegel needs to replace a 900+ dig libero, and you'd think that would be a tall order (and if I were the coach, I'd be saying as much to anyone who'd listen). But this is high school, not the Big 10. She's plenty good enough.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small potatoes to the rest of the conversation, but there was a small school play day at McEwen yesterday and for those of you following the small school scene, the 3 best teams there were easily Harpeth, Summertown and Watertown. All three traded sets with each other and if you were to play to best of 5 it would have been anyone's match. Harpeth is strong at middle, Summertown is a big team with a couple of good hitters and Watertown is even, but seems to have lost a lot from the scrappy team that made the single A final 4 a year ago. 

12 hours ago, Osage said:

Thanks, Rockstar!

TT, did you guys play this weekend?

We did.  There was some very good competition.  Houston out west and Dobyns Bennett out east looked good, each took a set of us.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them in Murfreesboro again.  I didn't get to see to much of the other divisions.

On 7/28/2019 at 8:09 AM, Rockstar89 said:

Small potatoes to the rest of the conversation, but there was a small school play day at McEwen yesterday and for those of you following the small school scene, the 3 best teams there were easily Harpeth, Summertown and Watertown. All three traded sets with each other and if you were to play to best of 5 it would have been anyone's match. Harpeth is strong at middle, Summertown is a big team with a couple of good hitters and Watertown is even, but seems to have lost a lot from the scrappy team that made the single A final 4 a year ago. 

Thanks for the update.  Saw a little bit of watertown last year in MBoro, they were definitely scrappy.   

1 hour ago, TeeterTot said:

We did.  There was some very good competition.  Houston out west and Dobyns Bennett out east looked good, each took a set of us.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them in Murfreesboro again.  I didn't get to see to much of the other divisions.

Thanks. Congrats to you guys on a great start. I know Houston returns a lot of size and production from last year, but I am still surprised they were able to take a set off you guys. Was Barb playing some of the younger kids?

3 hours ago, Osage said:

Thanks. Congrats to you guys on a great start. I know Houston returns a lot of size and production from last year, but I am still surprised they were able to take a set off you guys. Was Barb playing some of the younger kids?

She did.  We played them Friday and handled them, Saturday was a different story

• 3 weeks later...