• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Rockstar89

Wow...2019 HS Volleyball will be here soon!

2 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

She's a good player but would be the third best at her position if she played in WilCo.  

Maybe if she played at Brentwood, but mark Apostle's list: every 12AAA team lost both a libero and a DS except Franklin (?). She'd be in the mix to start for pretty much any of those.

On paper, Siegel needs to replace a 900+ dig libero, and you'd think that would be a tall order (and if I were the coach, I'd be saying as much to anyone who'd listen). But this is high school, not the Big 10. She's plenty good enough.

completely agree osage.  I think she is actually better than the exiting Lib. and one of the top 3-4 in the state.  She just doesn't get to Lib in club because she plays some OH.  really good player. 

Good luck this weekend to all teams playing at A-Game. Seems like just yesterday the kids were in Orlando.

TT, is there anybody coming who is good enough to test you guys?

Small potatoes to the rest of the conversation, but there was a small school play day at McEwen yesterday and for those of you following the small school scene, the 3 best teams there were easily Harpeth, Summertown and Watertown. All three traded sets with each other and if you were to play to best of 5 it would have been anyone's match. Harpeth is strong at middle, Summertown is a big team with a couple of good hitters and Watertown is even, but seems to have lost a lot from the scrappy team that made the single A final 4 a year ago. 

12 hours ago, Osage said:

Thanks, Rockstar!

TT, did you guys play this weekend?

We did.  There was some very good competition.  Houston out west and Dobyns Bennett out east looked good, each took a set of us.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them in Murfreesboro again.  I didn't get to see to much of the other divisions.

On 7/28/2019 at 8:09 AM, Rockstar89 said:

Small potatoes to the rest of the conversation, but there was a small school play day at McEwen yesterday and for those of you following the small school scene, the 3 best teams there were easily Harpeth, Summertown and Watertown. All three traded sets with each other and if you were to play to best of 5 it would have been anyone's match. Harpeth is strong at middle, Summertown is a big team with a couple of good hitters and Watertown is even, but seems to have lost a lot from the scrappy team that made the single A final 4 a year ago. 

Thanks for the update.  Saw a little bit of watertown last year in MBoro, they were definitely scrappy.   

1 hour ago, TeeterTot said:

We did.  There was some very good competition.  Houston out west and Dobyns Bennett out east looked good, each took a set of us.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them in Murfreesboro again.  I didn't get to see to much of the other divisions.

Thanks. Congrats to you guys on a great start. I know Houston returns a lot of size and production from last year, but I am still surprised they were able to take a set off you guys. Was Barb playing some of the younger kids?

3 hours ago, Osage said:

Thanks. Congrats to you guys on a great start. I know Houston returns a lot of size and production from last year, but I am still surprised they were able to take a set off you guys. Was Barb playing some of the younger kids?

She did.  We played them Friday and handled them, Saturday was a different story