Lets talk about some other NE TN teams

DandDD

A lot of talk on here about the perennial powerhouses in the NE TN area. I'm a High School football fan that likes to talk about the area as a whole.

Lets here from some Raider, Falcon, Rebel, Cougar, Blazer, Pioneer, etc. fans.  What the season is looking like, Who are the players to watch. That kind of stuff.

Edited by DandDD

2 minutes ago, DandDD said:

A lot of talk on here about the perennial powerhouses in the NE TN area. I'm a High School football fan that likes to talk about the area as a whole.

Lets here from some Raider, Falcon, Rebel, Cougar, Blazer, Pioneer, etc. fans.  What the season is looking like, Who are the players to watch. That kind of stuff.

Sorry guys. I know most of these teams I mentioned are 3A & 4A.  I'll put the same topic on the other two boards also. Just want to talk football in NET. On all levels.

One team I think could be a surprise that nobody will think of is Cocke County. They return some good players from last year. Big OL across the board, couple of good WRs and RBs. Did lose their QB who had a great arm. With Dykes and the new staff up there, CC should at very least be a playoff team, maybe win the first round.

38 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

One team I think could be a surprise that nobody will think of is Cocke County. They return some good players from last year. Big OL across the board, couple of good WRs and RBs. Did lose their QB who had a great arm. With Dykes and the new staff up there, CC should at very least be a playoff team, maybe win the first round.

I agree CHS. I think Cocke County is in that no man's land of "is it in the NET or not in the NET"? Most of us down this way think of Greeneville as being in the NET, but since the media up there is centered in Johnson City* and Bristol, they have been outcasts. 

*https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/wkpt-tri-cities-forced-out-local-tv-business-after-losing-abc-affiliation-146767

13 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

When my son played in the early 2000s at Volunteer they were in the IMAC with CC. They were always a hardnosed bunch and a couple of those years they had a stud RB that was something to watch. I think his last name was White. I do remember he put right at 300 yds rushing on South and then the next week our RB Sanchez Releford put about 250 on them and had a long run called back. In 02 we played CC in the last game of the season. The winner made the playoffs. We scored on the last series of the game to win. One of the most exciting games I saw my son play in. We went the next week and lost to an undefeated TN High team. I hope CC can make a little noise. Be nice to see some other schools in the playoff picture.