Region 7A

Everyone in this region outside of Lake County have been quite on the T. What does the other teams in the region look like and what do they return? As far as predictions go I would say it will go something similar to this.

1. Lake County

2. Dresden

3. Greenfield

4. West Carroll

5. Humboldt

6. South Fulton

7. Gleason.

Humboldt could be as high as 2nd and as low as 6. Depends on what they return and if the coaching can be adequate. Not sure about Dresden yet. Greenfield I believe return their qb. West Carroll I think lost several starters. 

Yep, Falcons are indeed poised to fly high this season. I think they'll be playing with a chip on shoulder & sense of destiny, but not taking anyone for granted. Lots of experience with a lot of hunger to go all the way. And then all the other teams have so many unknowns & newness it is a crap shoot who lands where and who makes playoffs. Just hoping our Lions surprise everyone and plays gooder & gooder each game, cresting when it comes playoff time. Looking forward to this season & how it all pans out.   

6 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Cartman what can we expect from the war eagles this season? They had a decent team last season with good size. The thing I seen last year was a lack of speed for them. What do they return this season?

We have 12 and 24 back from last year, I'd imagine Bryant (12) will play mostly as our QB while Weatherford (24) lines up at RB. Other names at the skill positions I'd say Zach Perry (18) Rader (3) Bolton (6) Baker (19) as well as Smith (9) and Cox (7) 

As far as our line goes it's a pretty significant overhaul. Brooks (53) is our lone returning starter on the line at guard. Although Nick Blankenship (77) got some starts last year at Tackle and I believe started a playoff game for us...if.not both. Im sure Mounts (78) will be our other tackle. As far as the other guard and center.. I'm sure it's still being determined now. There's 3 or 4 names ive heard but nothing set in stone as far as I know. TE is Jack Barrow (34) 

When I think about it our junior class is pretty impressive plenty of size decent speed. I honestly think Barrow has D1 potential he made plenty of big catches for  us last year and was a headhunter on defense. I think.last year he was something like 6'3" 200 as a sophomore. I'll be interested to see how we look myself. I haven't been able to see firsthand

I think Dresden will be 2 or 3. I'm like LC68 with Humboldt being the great unknown. But that is typical for Humboldt, potential is always there but never comes together. Think Dresden's dumpster fire of a season from last year is behind us. Hopefully the new coach will bring a new attitude to the team and he can get the most out of our kids. All I know about our team is what I'm told by a family member on the team and he says we are decent. Last year he said we were terrible and he was right

On 7/16/2019 at 2:00 PM, ysoangry said:

I think Dresden will be 2 or 3. I'm like LC68 with Humboldt being the great unknown. But that is typical for Humboldt, potential is always there but never comes together. Think Dresden's dumpster fire of a season from last year is behind us. Hopefully the new coach will bring a new attitude to the team and he can get the most out of our kids. All I know about our team is what I'm told by a family member on the team and he says we are decent. Last year he said we were terrible and he was right

That's good to hear. Did I hear correctly that the new coach is only 26 years old?

15 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

That's good to hear. Did I hear correctly that the new coach is only 26 years old?

Not sure how old he is but he's pretty young. I know he told the team anyone over 180 lbs is on the line. We will have small speedy skill guys everywhere I assume. Think he will be more along the coach Rang philosophy and run and gun. Hope we have the players for it. 

16 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Not sure how old he is but he's pretty young. I know he told the team anyone over 180 lbs is on the line. We will have small speedy skill guys everywhere I assume. Think he will be more along the coach Rang philosophy and run and gun. Hope we have the players for it. 

That is fun to watch.