Always talk about the Devils and the Cyclones. Let's get some talk about other NET teams

DandDD

There is no doubt who the powerhouses are in NET (Betsy, Greeneville over the last several seasons). I enjoy watching and hearing about their accomplishments. But I'm an old High School football fan through and through. I'd like to here some talk about other teams in the area. I always looked forward to the Times News and Bristol Herald Courier pre season High School football previews. Back when they really did an excellent job of reporting all the teams (Team Photos, individual pictures and good write ups on every team in the area. Since we don't get that type of coverage anymore i'd like to hear from some of you home team fanatics. Who are some of the talented players in the region and what other teams may sneak up and make a little noise this year.

4 hours ago, DandDD said:

There is no doubt who the powerhouses are in NET (Betsy, Greeneville over the last several seasons). I enjoy watching and hearing about their accomplishments. But I'm an old High School football fan through and through. I'd like to here some talk about other teams in the area. I always looked forward to the Times News and Bristol Herald Courier pre season High School football previews. Back when they really did an excellent job of reporting all the teams (Team Photos, individual pictures and good write ups on every team in the area. Since we don't get that type of coverage anymore i'd like to hear from some of you home team fanatics. Who are some of the talented players in the region and what other teams may sneak up and make a little noise this year.

Betsy a Powerhouse? Lol really? 

Cant even make it out if the second round. 

That’s no powerhouse. 

Now Greeneville! No doubt! They are THE powerhouse!!!

8 hours ago, DandDD said:

I always enjoy reading the team previews on tricitiessports.com, they have the best NET coverage by far.

Also if you listen to 640 wxsm in the mornings Bobby Rader will do 24 teams in 24 days starting in late July/early August .  I will try and figure out the exact start date.  He talks to all of the local coaches each morning.  The TRIBE is always last of course because you know they are the best team in this area :P.  Just kidding he always talks to them last because there games are on 640 lol .  Jokes aside this is always fun to listen to in the mornings when they talk to all of the coaches.  I think the South vs Boone game will be a good game for the first  game  of the year for both teams.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:33 AM, DevilMan03 said:

That’s no powerhouse. 

The last few years I think they've stepped their status up a notch. Unfortunately Greeneville and AC has been in their way.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:13 PM, noonesfool said:

Well, who do you all think is the the 3rd best 4A team in NEast TN.? 

South Rebels   Maybe?    If the new school is opening next year (maybe) this could be a go out with a bang season. Maybe go a couple of rounds in the playoffs.   Who Knows. 

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:33 AM, DevilMan03 said:

That’s no powerhouse. 

You might want to go ahead and delete this post now because I think it will come back to haunt you in a couple of years. Betsy is coming.