South Pitt/lake co cry about greenback thread

WarChant

I think LC will have one or 2 receivers with a thousand yards.Very good receivers.One of them made the poll I listed on first team preseason defense.LC just had a stud running back and didn't throw much.Think LC will open the play book this year.Plus Cambell Puckett,who was picked as best lineman,may be the best tight end in the state in several classifications.

15 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I think LC will have one or 2 receivers with a thousand yards.Very good receivers.One of them made the poll I listed on first team preseason defense.LC just had a stud running back and didn't throw much.Think LC will open the play book this year.Plus Cambell Puckett,who was picked as best lineman,may be the best tight end in the state in several classifications.

With those type stats you will need a stud qb. Assuming you have this got a hudl link for him? Would like to see him play.

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It’s amazing how a South Pitt fan knows all these “facts” about the Greenback football program. 

Hey BIGORANGEMACHINE, have you checked out your local Milan award winning newspaper? They should research TSSAA rules before posting pictures and comments  in the paper. 

Edited by Waker

15 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Old pirate I looked in my Murphy Fair book and that Ryan man listed this rutgerson boy as the passer.  Murphy said he is also a newcomer.  What kind of mess is this? This Ryan man got two new passers to come to his school.  You think im joking but im not. 

16 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says your comments have some youth, ifin it is a natural transition. Fact 1. This was Not a natural occurrence. Fact  2.  GB WR had to most to gain & most to loose individually. Fact 3.  GB Did not have a quality replacement for their graduating sr. QB. Fact 4. Players accept losing positions naturally. Fact 5. Players nor parents of players take kindly to losing orchestrated    player transfers that directly effect them! 

22 hours ago, ladykee said:

OP likes to use navigational terms instead of just saying Maryville lol. 

Been off the T for a few, but this thread is very entertaining. Rutergerson is a player. Ryan will utilize him in many different ways. He will excel instead of being held back for fear of outshining another player.

The Fields kid will be a match up problem. Especially if teams try to double Willis. He's 6-3 and can hit the 9 and will be a nightmare on the fade.

Loudon county and Lenoir City both know what would happen if their county allowed out of county transfers. Half of the players from south Blount county would go to GB. That would be an additional 30 kids minimum. 

It says a lot about the program that families are willing to relocate for their kids to be there. 

.....and it's not going to stop. More south Blount kids will be coming in the next few yrs.

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2019 at 5:55 AM, orngnblk said:

Don't forget Waker I wouldn't want him to think that he is being left out!

Thanks for adding me! Many have stated these transfers over the years wasn’t about football, but the second to none education that Greenback has become so well known for. Since it’s not just about football, would these families “moved” if Greenback was not allowed in the playoffs?

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Been off the T for a few, but this thread is very entertaining. Rutergerson is a player. Ryan will utilize him in many different ways. He will excel instead of being held back for fear of outshining another player.

The Fields kid will be a match up problem. Especially if teams try to double Willis. He's 6-3 and can hit the 9 and will be a nightmare on the fade.

Loudon county and Lenoir City both know what would happen if their county allowed out of county transfers. Half of the players from south Blount county would go to GB. That would be an additional 30 kids minimum. 

It says a lot about the program that families are willing to relocate for their kids to be there. 

.....and it's not going to stop. More south Blount kids will be coming in the next few yrs.

I guess I have just never truly understood just how many kids move in there each year. I would have thought 90-95 percent of the football players were home grown kids. It’s a lucky problem for them to have for sure. If this is the case it makes me wonder how have they not won more state titles through the years with that many transfers. Let’s just be real, without the transfers it’s a different dynamic all together. Do you boys ever get transfer players that aren’t any good? LMBO

Edited by TheAmbassador

19 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate here to address the GB Skillet slinger’s confession-in part! 1. No clue who Captain Hook is but Old Pirate ain’t a nary bit confused! 2. OP never indicated, inferred or suggested anything about players not working or developing. OP will provide more clear wording. 3. OP says far too often coaches in high school are given far too much credit. As posted “Ryan developes talent”, nothing mentioned about the kids work and developing his talent. As a matter of fact, OP ain’t ever heard a good-great college of professional coach ever say, I,we develop this or that player’s talent. The professional coaches always give the players credit, but not in high school regrettably. Coaches jobs are to provide the best options to help players & teams be successful. Point here, you can’t develop a mule to be a therobred. 4. OP ain’t missed this boat neither 5. What you think is clouded with self gratification & orchestration is clear. The playbooks on these types of issues are always the same. Not likely majority of coacht fellers is falling fer this mess.   BTW, us fellers Never got a response to the question. Ifin your Youngon wasn’t the lone returning stud, And he was a player who had worked and waited fer his opportunity to have a lead role but some parents decided he wasn’t good enough and orchestrated the move of another player from afar to fill his spot, Would You be All Yapping fer it? Careful, any credibility is on the line. Perhaps that is why you evaded to answer because church goers read coacht too!  Skillet Slingers on coacht vanishes like a poot in a tornado. Good luck to your son, hopeful for a safe season! 

Well you see it as evading. I see it as ignoring or attempting to because I honestly can’t take you seriously. I guess you have been around the block so many times you are jaded and see everything as a conspiracy theory or you are just trying to be entertaining throwing out anything and everything to see if something sticks. I really aren’t sure what you are doing to be honest. Regardless, I have no earthly idea what parent involvement you speak of, and as far as your insinuations that I was recruiting players because my son had “the most to gain”.....you have nothing and you know you have nothing. You are fishing and assuming. My son is one kid on that TEAM. The team gained from the additions period. Yes he has friends that go to Maryville. He actually knew the other Maryville QB better and enjoys going to camps with him and hanging out with him. He’s a great kid and his father graduated from GB. My family knows his family. Through his friendship with that kid he has met other players but I’m not here to justify teenagers making friends (why would anybody need to do that...absurd). We heard through the rumor mill we were getting transfers like everybody else I’m assuming because I know nothing different. It was news to all the players/parents I know. My son nor my family including myself knew the Carnes personally prior to meeting him when he enrolled and attended practice. I am not sure if the boys had ever spoken prior to his decision to transfer. It is very possible they crossed paths at Maryville when Holden attended a game. I did learn his mother & I played basketball against each other back in the day so yep it is a small world. You keep speaking of incriminating evidence....have no idea what you are even referring to. As far as your question regarding how would we feel blah blah blah? Nowhere near as tore up as you are I can promise you that. We’ve been on both ends of that situation before. Both my kids have had some disappointments in sports at some point in their playing days. It’s sports life! Whether we agreed, disagreed, thought was fair or unjust at the end of the day you tell your kids to go work harder and be good teammates. Life lessons and not always fun to go through. This is high school with young men coming to adulthood. It is not upward and it is not a participation trophy sport at this age. Every kid has the opportunity to compete for playing time. I can’t think of a single GB upperclassmen that will not have playing time and how they play will dictate how much. My son’s not the only WR who will make impacts. There are multiple capable of and expected to make big plays. You OP have been lied to or are just stirring up a mess that isn’t there. I’m not going to continue to defend...there is no reason to. God knows the truth and that is the end of this banter for me. I can’t help what Coach Ters believe on here but I can lay my head down at night so I don’t have a concern about my credibility with you Sir.

Sincere thank you for the well wishes for my son. Injuries to athletes are brutal and unfortunately part of the game. This mom is praying for a healthy season for all. 

25 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I guess I have just never truly understood just how many kids move in there each year. I would have thought 90-95 percent of the football players were home grown kids. It’s a lucky problem for them to have for sure. If this is the case it makes me wonder how have they not won more state titles through the years with that many transfers. Let’s just be real, without the transfers it’s a different dynamic all together. Do you boys ever get transfer players that aren’t any good? LMBO

This year about 85% of team are what you would consider home grown. Most years is going to be 90% plus team wide. 4 transfers this season is a higher than avg # for us in a single season but we lost 18 or so seniors so area kids looking for a change knew there would be opportunities. I mean just being honest that was a no brainer. We tend to have at least a couple every year with some years more. I wouldn’t be shocked to see that as closer to normal across the state than most might think. I know some say they rarely ever get a transfer but for each of those I speculate there are 3 or 4 teams who have 1-3 or more a season. 

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

With those type stats you will need a stud qb. Assuming you have this got a hudl link for him? He can.Hes about 6'3 and Would like to see him play.

He can.He's about 6'3 and 235 lbs.Can run over you as well as throw the ball.Try to watch West Carroll playoff  film from last year.Think he went 10 for  11 in that game and you will see the ball was in the air 60 yards.He lived in Lake

co but went to Dyersburg his freshman year where supposedely he was going to be the starter for Dyersburg his sophomore year.He also went to Dyersburg for baseball where he throws in the 90's.He helped lead Lake Co to the state tournament in baseball this year

9 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

He can.He's about 6'3 and 235 lbs.Can run over you as well as throw the ball.Try to watch West Carroll playoff  film from last year.Think he went 10 for  11 in that game and you will see the ball was in the air 60 yards.He lived in Lake

co but went to Dyersburg his freshman year where supposedely he was going to be the starter for Dyersburg his sophomore year.He also went to Dyersburg for baseball where he throws in the 90's.He helped lead Lake Co to the state tournament in baseball this year

Greenback played them twice at state. I don’t recall a pitcher in the 90s for them. Reese Plemons consistently throws upper 80s and can hit 90-92. He dominated on the mound. Lake County was solid but maybe the one you speak of did not pitch against us. 

1 hour ago, Waker said:

Thanks for adding me! Many have stated these transfers over the years wasn’t about football, but the second to none education that Greenback has become so well known for. Since it’s not just about football, would these families “moved” if Greenback was not allowed in the playoffs?

NOBODY from GB stated these kids came to GB for the education alone and anyone who thinks differently is  being silly or pushing buttons but when they come they do get a good one!LOL.The thing about MOVING is you dont have any other criteria its a move football or acads it dont matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

My sons where part of the program from 2007 to 2014 we maybe had 3 or four total and only 1 of significance and that was Hogan Goodson.Unless your math is different down there i would say 95% to 98% is closer.We usually ave between 35 and 40 kids.