TN Gets 4 Double Fargo All American for first time ever

durdon

For the first time ever TN gets 4 Double Fargo All Americans in one year for the first time ever!!

Today, 

Cody Chittum (Blair) finished 2nd after 3rd in freestyle. 

Trae McDaniel (Cleveland) finished 4th after 8th place finish in free

James Howard (McCallie) finished 3rd in both styles 

Copper Flynn (Mcdonogh)  made the semis in Juniors today so he has AA after finishing 7th in Free

lets go win this tomorrow Coop!!

couple of facts - 3 of the 4 live in Bradley County which is amazing considering the size of Cleveland area.  

All four have trained extensively at the RTC South since it opened.  Well coop had since he came home for the summer.  Ga had a ton of Fargo AA’s too and most of them have been coming up to the RTC every Sunday. What a huge resource to help build wrestling for this state that is already paying dividends for us. 

10 hours ago, durdon said:

For the first time ever TN gets 4 Double Fargo All Americans in one year for the first time ever!!

Today, 

Cody Chittum (Blair) finished 2nd after 3rd in freestyle. 

Trae McDaniel (Cleveland) finished 4th after 8th place finish in free

James Howard (McCallie) finished 3rd in both styles 

Copper Flynn (Mcdonogh)  made the semis in Juniors today so he has AA after finishing 7th in Free

lets go win this tomorrow Coop!!

couple of facts - 3 of the 4 live in Bradley County which is amazing considering the size of Cleveland area.  

All four have trained extensively at the RTC South since it opened.  Well coop had since he came home for the summer.  Ga had a ton of Fargo AA’s too and most of them have been coming up to the RTC every Sunday. What a huge resource to help build wrestling for this state that is already paying dividends for us. 

I would venture to say that the RTC has helped grow wrestling in  Chattanooga, Cleveland and North Georgia.  I truly see little benefit of the RTC now or in the near future for people living in Memphis and upper East Tennessee due to geographical location.  Just imagine the RTC being located in Middle Tennessee and how much improvement that section of the state would make due to a greater population base.  

Edited by cbg

4 hours ago, cbg said:

I would venture to say that the RTC has helped grow wrestling in  Chattanooga, Cleveland and North Georgia.  I truly see little benefit of the RTC now or in the near future for people living in Memphis and upper East Tennessee due to geographical location.  Just imagine the RTC being located in Middle Tennessee and how much improvement that section of the state would make due to a greater population base.  

I believe a majority of the money raised for RTC South to be able to operate and have a coach the caliber of Dan Dennis was done by the Chattanooga Wrestling Club and their support network. They are saving a lot of money by being able to work in conjunction with UTC wrestling which creates a training opportunity for their athletes who are competing in U-23 and Senior level competition.  A majority of the RTCs around the country are based out of and funded by a Division 1 wrestling programs. That being said, another RTC could be opened in Memphis, Nashville, or Murfreesboro if the support was there. The criteria link is attached below. Congrats to our boys who represented TN, GA, and RTC SOUTH at Fargo!

http://content.themat.com/CoachesCorner/RTC-criteria.pdf

11 hours ago, cbg said:

There have been a lot of Middle TN and East TN kids coming to the RTC South every Sunday and some coming down during the week once school got out.  

All of the RTC’s are tied to D1 programs.  You have to have a D1 room to attracted the senior level guys to train there and you have to have senior level guys to get certified as an RTC by USA Wrestling.  Unfortunately, there are no D1 programs in a Middle TN or Memphis or even near them.   Upper East TN wrestlers have the biggest advantage of being able to go to the RTC at appy state and the southeastern RTC at VA Tech along with RTC South at UTC.