Way too early team rankings

NotSurprised

Maybe I just miss you guys, but I would like to see who everyone thinks will have the most horsepower next season so I am going to list my WAY TOO EARLY team rankings. All divisions, because that's what actually matters.

1) Baylor

2) Cleveland

3) McCallie

5) Wilson Central (tied)

5) Bradley (tied)

This is my best guess. Baylor and McCallie have both added some studs this offseason. With what Cleveland graduated, McCallie may have a chance at taking that number two spot, but its hard to bet against Cleveland. WC and Bradley should both be solid. I believe Bradley has a strong 8th grade class. Who is adding studs to their lineup? Who is going to be the team to beat next year? Let me know! 

I look for Science Hill to surprise some people and make it into that fourth spot. They were very young last year and they bring back Bodo, Gillespie, Seeley, Mann, Frye and a lot of kids that got experience last year. Bradley’s feeder had a great year last year but they are 8th graders moving into Highschool. Big transition for those kids especially those above 126 pounds.

Returning Points

Science Hill 106 points with 9 qualifiers 

Cleveland 95.5 points 7 qualifiers 

Wilson Central 91 points 6 qualifiers

Bradley 68 points 9 qualifiers

Edited by JIII
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, JIII said:

I look for Science Hill to surprise some people and make it into that fourth spot. They were very young last year and they bring back Bodo, Gillespie, Seeley, Mann, Frye and a lot of kids that got experience last year. Bradley’s feeder had a great year last year but they are 8th graders moving into Highschool. Big transition for those kids especially those above 126 pounds.

Returning Points

Science Hill 106 points with 9 qualifiers 

Cleveland 95.5 points 7 qualifiers 

Wilson Central 91 points 6 qualifiers

Bradley 68 points 9 qualifiers

This is great info! I am a big fan of Science Hill and their staff. I would love to see a non traditional powerhouse like Science Hill find their way to the number 1 spot in AAA.

19 hours ago, NotSurprised said:

This is great info! I am a big fan of Science Hill and their staff. I would love to see a non traditional powerhouse like Science Hill find their way to the number 1 spot in AAA.

Science Hill has a great staff no doubt. I think what the numbers don’t really show is who will be stepping in for those who graduated. I have heard that Wilson Central is getting a kid back from Georgia. They also lost a State Champ and a runner up so how do they fill in those spots. Cleveland lost a big group but they had several kids who sat last year who could start at most places. They are replacing 132 (3rd),145 (SC),152 (SC),170,195 (2nd), 220 (4th), 285 (4th). That’s a lot of points among those who graduated. Can Bradley get some young kids to really make a splash? I think they proved last year that even when you think they are down they are always in the discussion. 

10 hours ago, JIII said:

Science Hill has a great staff no doubt. I think what the numbers don’t really show is who will be stepping in for those who graduated. I have heard that Wilson Central is getting a kid back from Georgia. They also lost a State Champ and a runner up so how do they fill in those spots. Cleveland lost a big group but they had several kids who sat last year who could start at most places. They are replacing 132 (3rd),145 (SC),152 (SC),170,195 (2nd), 220 (4th), 285 (4th). That’s a lot of points among those who graduated. Can Bradley get some young kids to really make a splash? I think they proved last year that even when you think they are down they are always in the discussion. 

I believe its gonna be a repeat from last year. Bradley vs Cleveland. Bradley does have a lot of studs coming up. The main one to watch will be Luke Belcher. He could very well be our next 2,3 or 4 x state champ. Coming to high school will not affect him at all. Our HWT will also be someone to watch this year. Eathan Wilson should dominate for the most part. Bradley is stacked this year. By the time state rolls around, that team will be dangerous. 

If the weights roll around like they should, Luke Belcher vs Jackson Bradford will be the one to watch all year. If privates wasnt involved in rankings, I'd give 1 to Cleveland and 2 to Bradley. Putting prives in the rankings, bradley has 4th locked up with no tie. Bradley and Cleveland will be fun to watch this year.

Edited by DaBears1976

Call me crazy, but I promise you Pigeon Forge will be close to the top 5 overall before the end of the year and I'll take them to double repeat in A/AA.

I'm not sure how the individual tournament will shake out in AAA but my guess would be Bradley Central, Cleveland, and Wilson Central in no particular order. I'll take these teams to qualify for the AAA duals from each region.

Region 1 - Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett
Region 2 - Halls, Seymour
Region 3 - Maryville, Heritage
Region 4 - Cleveland, Bradley Central
Region 5 - Oakland, Blackman
Region 6 - Wilson Central, Rossview
Region 7 - Independence, Centennial
Region 8 - Arlington, Collierville

Edited by JSamson7

On 7/25/2019 at 1:14 PM, NotSurprised said:

Maybe I just miss you guys, but I would like to see who everyone thinks will have the most horsepower next season so I am going to list my WAY TOO EARLY team rankings. All divisions, because that's what actually matters.

1) Baylor

2) Cleveland

3) McCallie

5) Wilson Central (tied)

5) Bradley (tied)

This is my best guess. Baylor and McCallie have both added some studs this offseason. With what Cleveland graduated, McCallie may have a chance at taking that number two spot, but its hard to bet against Cleveland. WC and Bradley should both be solid. I believe Bradley has a strong 8th grade class. Who is adding studs to their lineup? Who is going to be the team to beat next year? Let me know! 

What transfers have Baylor and McCallie added this off-season? 

15 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Dont think we will see Bradford vs Belcher, from what I hear but I’m sure he will have a touch match regardless.

They were both at 126 for Southeast Regionals although they didn’t wrestle each other in either style. Both took losses to the Rigal kid from New York in Greco. Bradford lost 10-0 and Belcher lost by fall. Belcher finished 2nd and Bradford 3rd. In Freestyle Bradford won and Belcher DNP. I think a lot depends on line up choices as they will not see each other outside of the dual and region tournament. 

On 7/27/2019 at 6:57 PM, DaBears1976 said:

I believe its gonna be a repeat from last year. Bradley vs Cleveland. Bradley does have a lot of studs coming up. The main one to watch will be Luke Belcher. He could very well be our next 2,3 or 4 x state champ. Coming to high school will not affect him at all. Our HWT will also be someone to watch this year. Eathan Wilson should dominate for the most part. Bradley is stacked this year. By the time state rolls around, that team will be dangerous. 

If the weights roll around like they should, Luke Belcher vs Jackson Bradford will be the one to watch all year. If privates wasnt involved in rankings, I'd give 1 to Cleveland and 2 to Bradley. Putting prives in the rankings, bradley has 4th locked up with no tie. Bradley and Cleveland will be fun to watch this year.

I am really excited to see Belcher this season. He is a stud. I would love to see the Bears back on top. I am looking forward their season opener with Baylor. This is a must see dual if you are a wrestling fan in TN. While I think Baylor is definitely favored in the dual, there should be some great individual match ups. Is Belcher going to be at 120? As far as transfers go I believe Kagle from CAK is going to be at McCallie this coming season. 

6 hours ago, NotSurprised said:

I am really excited to see Belcher this season. He is a stud. I would love to see the Bears back on top. I am looking forward their season opener with Baylor. This is a must see dual if you are a wrestling fan in TN. While I think Baylor is definitely favored in the dual, there should be some great individual match ups. Is Belcher going to be at 120? As far as transfers go I believe Kagle from CAK is going to be at McCallie this coming season. 

Uh? Bradley won’t win a match against Baylor this year.   Baylor is going to be absolutely loaded  with the 4 new guys they are adding..  Baylor will finish this season this season ranked in the top 10 teams in the country.  They are going to be at a completely different level than the rest of the teams in TN.