Chattanooga Area Predictions

PatB1489

20 hours ago, OldCharger said:

Interesting how Sweetwater and McMinn Central are going to be 0-5 in the district and play each other. 

The Sweetwater and Brainerd district games are winnable. With all the guys coming out for football and the quantity of coaches and weaker out of district schedule, Central should easily win 4-5 games. 

23 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

The Sweetwater and Brainerd district games are winnable. With all the guys coming out for football and the quantity of coaches and weaker out of district schedule, Central should easily win 4-5 games. 

Central has won 7 games in 4 years, they’re not going to EASILY win anything. There are 5 games they should be competitive in and 2 they should be favored in. They will be much improved but there will still be growing pains. 

11 hours ago, TigerNation said:

Central has won 7 games in 4 years, they’re not going to EASILY win anything. There are 5 games they should be competitive in and 2 they should be favored in. They will be much improved but there will still be growing pains. 

Central was 10-31 in 4 years before they went 10-3 in 2014. Past means nothing. New team, new players and new coach. 

Meigs only won 10 games in 4 years before going 6-5 in 2014......past means nothing!

Edited by OldCharger

24 minutes ago, OldCharger said:

Central was 10-31 in 4 years before they went 10-3 in 2014. Past means nothing. New team, new players and new coach. 

Meigs only won 10 games in 4 years before going 6-5 in 2014......past means nothing!

I think you’re missing my point. I’ve got them going 4-6, same as you except losing to Brainerd. I just don’t think it will be easy. Sweetwater and Polk will both be close. Tellico could be, I don’t really know what they’ll look like this year but they had a real good group of players in youth league that should be seniors this season. Coach Davis is a good coach but you can’t harvest a garden one day after you’ve planted it. 

15 hours ago, TigerNation said:

I think you’re missing my point. I’ve got them going 4-6, same as you except losing to Brainerd. I just don’t think it will be easy. Sweetwater and Polk will both be close. Tellico could be, I don’t really know what they’ll look like this year but they had a real good group of players in youth league that should be seniors this season. Coach Davis is a good coach but you can’t harvest a garden one day after you’ve planted it. 

I think you can lump Brainerd in there with Sweetwater and Polk, so Central should win 2 of those if there's really a change in the team.  Tellico had some upperclassmen quit last season, so it's hard to say what they have. If Mullinax couldn't do well with them, I don't expect them to be good.
Properly planting a garden with the right plants and nutrients will yield a better product. 
With Central's schedule, I believe anything less than 4 wins would be disappointing.

• Like 1