Chattanooga Area Predictions

PatB1489

5 hours ago, TNHighSchoolFBFan said:

Walker Valley 6-4. Are you serious? They have won 1 game in 2 years. If they win 6 games this year Akin is the new Quarles. 

Yeah, I kinda thought the same thing. Not saying it’s impossible but it would be one heck of a coaching job by Akins to make that big a turnaround in one season. WV was very competitive a couple years back but they had some very special athletes on those teams and I just didn’t see that kind of athlete on the field for the mustangs last season. So unless they’ve picked up a couple of transfers from Bradley or Cleveland or somewhere else they will have their work cut out for them. Akins was a great hire for WV but it could take time.

and Patrick got the Irish at the top of its class....now thats a shocker comin from the hater......that sidekickin Baylor/Haslam lover must b finally showin his buddy the way.......5-1 says Webster made the picks

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

On 7/29/2019 at 7:51 PM, RCfan said:

Yeah, I kinda thought the same thing. Not saying it’s impossible but it would be one heck of a coaching job by Akins to make that big a turnaround in one season. WV was very competitive a couple years back but they had some very special athletes on those teams and I just didn’t see that kind of athlete on the field for the mustangs last season. So unless they’ve picked up a couple of transfers from Bradley or Cleveland or somewhere else they will have their work cut out for them. Akins was a great hire for WV but it could take time.

Will the QB transfer from Bradley be eligible at WV? He has looked pretty good. Cleveland would have been thrilled to have him. 

Who will be the QB @ Cleveland this year? 

15 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Yes, he is eligible. The unfortunate thing is that wv has been hit by injury bug. They have had 5 of their top players injured and are out for the year. Definitely better coached and the program has a vision moving forward.

One of the McMinn Central fans posted that the Chargers beat WV 5-3 yesterday in a scrimmage, so it sounds like it's going to be a long year for the Mustangs.

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

One of the McMinn Central fans posted that the Chargers beat WV 5-3 yesterday in a scrimmage, so it sounds like it's going to be a long year for the Mustangs.

With all due respect, that was not the case at all. The intent (for WV) last night was not about the score. Instead, it was about working on details and getting as many players as possible valuable experience. One thing is certain, WV needs to get healthy.  As mentioned before, five of their top players are out for the year, and last night seven other starters were held out. Prayers for the kids appreciated!