Region 6 3A

hurrican615

1 hour ago, Plugged said:

What are your thoughts this year? Is Fairview the team to beat? Who is the top challenger to them? Will Stewart county be the 4th seed in this region behind Fairview Camden and Sycamore?  

I think Fairview would certainly be the favorite based on recent history. Camden and Sycamore are both capable of upsetting them though. 

This Fairview team has some big holes to fill from last year but IMO will be better defensively and have more offensive weapons. Maybe not quite as dangerous of weapons but more solid skill guys to spread the ball around to. Still alot of question marks with the offensive line though. I'm anxious to see us in action. We have 80 something kids out to play this year and a loaded junior class. 

On 7/28/2019 at 9:24 AM, Swarm said:

I think Fairview would certainly be the favorite based on recent history. Camden and Sycamore are both capable of upsetting them though. 

This Fairview team has some big holes to fill from last year but IMO will be better defensively and have more offensive weapons. Maybe not quite as dangerous of weapons but more solid skill guys to spread the ball around to. Still alot of question marks with the offensive line though. I'm anxious to see us in action. We have 80 something kids out to play this year and a loaded junior class. 

Success is not a continuum it’s momentary.  When players get complacent it leads to bad habits and leads to mediocrity.  Just because Fairview was very successful in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, and 2018 doesn’t mean that the 2019 team is “entitled or owed” those same privileges.  

BUT........

Success is also comparable beyond limits.  Those past years do not mean that this year’s potential for success has a particular ceiling.  Fairview has an opportunity to take a great product and if the players are willing to make the sacrifices and put in the work the 2019 season can be just as successful (if not better) than any of those previously mentioned years.

Camden, Sycamore, Harpeth, Cheatham, and Stewart will all have great football teams and be very well coached.  I hope everyone has an injury free preseason and gets the work that they need from the preseason scrimmages this week.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2019 at 1:49 PM, howdoitknow said:

Success is not a continuum it’s momentary.  When players get complacent it leads to bad habits and leads to mediocrity.  Just because Fairview was very successful in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, and 2018 doesn’t mean that the 2019 team is “entitled or owed” those same privileges.  

BUT........

Success is also comparable beyond limits.  Those past years do not mean that this year’s potential for success has a particular ceiling.  Fairview has an opportunity to take a great product and if the players are willing to make the sacrifices and put in the work the 2019 season can be just as successful (if not better) than any of those previously mentioned years.

Camden, Sycamore, Harpeth, Cheatham, and Stewart will all have great football teams and be very well coached.  I hope everyone has an injury free preseason and gets the work that they need from the preseason scrimmages this week.  

Nice post Knute Rockne. :thumb:

Stratford showed them last year what they are entitled to.  A whipping in your own backyard. They're liable to get it again with the cupcake schedule back in effect too. No one on our schedule would make the playoffs in region 5 3a. Personally I think this Fairview team will be a buzzsaw for the next 2 years. The step up in competition in November will pose an extra challenge. 

I say Fairview is the team to beat once again.  I think Camden lost some important players but that not to say they will not be good.  Sycamore is always tough.  I think everyone after that is pretty even.  It will be a battle for that final playoff spot.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swarm said:

Nice post Knute Rockne. :thumb:

Stratford showed them last year what they are entitled to.  A whipping in your own backyard. They're liable to get it again with the cupcake schedule back in effect too. No one on our schedule would make the playoffs in region 5 3a. Personally I think this Fairview team will be a buzzsaw for the next 2 years. The step up in competition in November will pose an extra challenge. 

I'm always interested in how y'alls division plays out lol. Would love to see yall in the playoffs again but 1 game at a time 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I'm always interested in how y'alls division plays out lol. Would love to see yall in the playoffs again but 1 game at a time 

Me too FB. We owe yall one! :cool:

Good luck to your Firebirds this year. I'm picking you guys to win R5 despite the Stratford and East noise. I know they're both super talented but I just don't think Pearl is going to hand it over that easy. Your schedule will grow them youngins up in a hurry.

9 hours ago, Swarm said:

Region 5 is and always will be a monster with 4 of the Top 10-12 teams in 3A football.  

Stratford definitely was better than Fairview on the field last year in the playoffs.  Fairview led the game going into the 4th and Stratford was the better team in the final quarter.  They were also better than Pearl-Cohn the previous week.  That game was a blowout at PCHS until PC scored a couple of times late to make the score more respectable.  It took Double OT for them to lose in the semifinals at Covington.  Covington played Alcoa even into the final minute of the game in the finals.  

I am a Notre Dame fan but I have never pretended to be Knute Rockne.  

Edited by howdoitknow

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

Region 5 is and always will be a monster with 4 of the Top 10-12 teams in 3A football.  

Stratford definitely was better than Fairview on the field last year in the playoffs.  Fairview led the game going into the 4th and Stratford was the better team in the final quarter.  They were also better than Pearl-Cohn the previous week.  That game was a blowout at PCHS until PC scored a couple of times late to make the score more respectable.  It took Double OT for them to lose in the semifinals at Covington.  Covington played Alcoa even into the final minute of the game in the finals.  

I am a Notre Dame fan but I have never pretended to be Knute Rockne.  

Lol. I'm just messing with you bud. I thought it was a good post. 

Give us an update on how the squad looks tonight. 

We(Camden ) Lost some good seniors at skill positions  but last year the Heart of the team IMHO were underclassmen..2 of the skill kids that were going to be a big part of replacing the seniors moved to Lewis County during the early spring so thats will hurt. 

I am concerned about the  line play having lost our one year and gone  Line coach due to personal differences with the rest of the staff.  Big Murph had them boys playing the best we have seen since we lost Coach Fisher.   I have hopes but not much confidence. This year.  I hope they make me look foolish.  GL to everyone staying healthy

Our former QB is looking good in Tampabay getting good write ups in their paper and making every catch they throw to him from what I have read..  

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

We(Camden ) Lost some good seniors at skill positions  but last year the Heart of the team IMHO were underclassmen..2 of the skill kids that were going to be a big part of replacing the seniors moved to Lewis County during the early spring so thats will hurt. 

I am concerned about the  line play having lost our one year and gone  Line coach due to personal differences with the rest of the staff.  Big Murph had them boys playing the best we have seen since we lost Coach Fisher.   I have hopes but not much confidence. This year.  I hope they make me look foolish.  GL to everyone staying healthy

Our former QB is looking good in Tampabay getting good write ups in their paper and making every catch they throw to him from what I have read..  

Good to hear from you Beagle and good luck to your Lions this year. 

From what I hear we got a ways to go ourselves. Heard Marshall Co. starters beat ours 28-7 tonight in the scrimmage. We host Columbia Academy next week.