Region 6 3A

hurrican615

5 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I'm starting to think everybody is scared of rain. I understand thunderstorms but RAIN...

yeap I am with you...but it does do a number on the fields. I know our coaches spend a lot of time keeping ours nice. They aint the high crowned pothole filled cow pastures we grew up playing on in the 80s for sure.  Can't blame em for not wanting to mess them up if not  necessary 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 6:54 PM, flyintheointment2019 said:

We competed with Camden last year and beat them a couple of years ago.  I promise you we ain't scared of Camden or Fairview.  Now that we have real coaches it's time for us to own this county again.  

I like your confidence.  Good Luck to the Cubs in 2020!  

Coach Halstead and Coach McConnell are great football coaches and I'd be surprised if Cheatham and Camden aren't 2 of the 4 playoff teams that represent the region come November. 

On 3/8/2020 at 6:54 PM, flyintheointment2019 said:

We competed with Camden last year and beat them a couple of years ago.  I promise you we ain't scared of Camden or Fairview.  Now that we have real coaches it's time for us to own this county again.  

we have been pretty horrible in the strength and conditioning part of our program the last 5 years and it really started showing 3 years ago.  beating us is Nothing to hang your hat on in that time .   Coach Wolfe leaving was the end of all weight lifting discipline of any consequence.   

That isnt  a put down of our coaches the last 5 years  they know the game and did well coaching them  we just been getting it handed to us physically . Again not a put down  That is  however   their fault for not being more demanding in the off season . McConnell doesn't seem to  have that problem in the least bit .  Think I am wrong look up out score boxes and see how many games we lead in the 2nd and 3rd quarters only to get beat in the second half or the  4th.. 

I hope ya'll are better I hope the whole district is we all need it to go any where in the playoffs