Region 6 3A

hurrican615

49 minutes ago, Trollin said:

What’s the word on Camden/Fairview this year? Who are they scrimmaging this week? Word around the River is Camden gonna put it on Waverly cuz “we’re down”. Interesting. I figure Fairview will still be stout because they are well coached. Let’s hear it. 

Not sure about Camden but Fairview will be pretty good. The jury is out on just how good to me though. Just haven't got to see enough to make predictions. We have a lot of talent on the roster. Particularly young talent. Right now they remind me of the 2016 group with a little less experience. Maybe more talent though. Just my opinion. 

I think Fairview has  less bodies than that 2016 group, but would agree with your assessment.  I also think there could be a few nice surprises in this group.  Especially having great coaching to coach up younger or less experienced  players to prepare them for Friday Night Lights.

Edited by ladyvol31

9 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

I think Fairview has  less bodies than that 2016 group, but would agree with your assessment.  I also think there could be a few nice surprises in this group.  Especially having great coaching to coach up younger or less experienced  players to prepare them for Friday Night Lights.

They may be closer to the 2015 squad actually. That team was junior/sophomore laden as well with a senior QB. I think we'll find out alot when 5a Page comes to town next week. They're loaded and will throttle us if they can. If we can compete with them we'll be okay this year. Next year really looks good to me if the chemistry is there. 

When Page comes to town it will for sure be a chance to see what they are made of, physically and mentally.  Being a young team the mental challenge is the toughest - but that coaching staff prepares them for that daily as much as they do the physical part of the game.  And don't rule out any year looking good as long as Hughes is there.  He has done more with less talent before - he just has a knack for turning any team into winners.

28 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

And don't rule out any year looking good as long as Hughes is there.  He has done more with less talent before - he just has a knack for turning any team into winners.

I agree with this and he's got a good staff too. Hughes is probably the most competitive person I've ever met. That spirit resonates from the top down no doubt. 

I do wish he'd work on the schedule though. Not dissing Coach but our schedule is WEAK. Can't believe we're playing East Hickman in a non region game. We should be playing someone like Marshall County, Nashville Christian, etc. IMO our region itself is weak enough. We don't need any extra running clock non region games. I realize scheduling is a 2 way street though and isn't easy to do. We just need to play more teams that can beat us to prepare for region 5 in November. That's the hump we can't get over to this point. 

49 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I agree with this and he's got a good staff too. Hughes is probably the most competitive person I've ever met. That spirit resonates from the top down no doubt. 

I do wish he'd work on the schedule though. Not dissing Coach but our schedule is WEAK. Can't believe we're playing East Hickman in a non region game. We should be playing someone like Marshall County, Nashville Christian, etc. IMO our region itself is weak enough. We don't need any extra running clock non region games. I realize scheduling is a 2 way street though and isn't easy to do. We just need to play more teams that can beat us to prepare for region 5 in November. That's the hump we can't get over to this point. 

I agree, playing up in non region games, even if you lose, just makes you better.

3 hours ago, Swarm said:

Not sure about Camden but Fairview will be pretty good. The jury is out on just how good to me though. Just haven't got to see enough to make predictions. We have a lot of talent on the roster. Particularly young talent. Right now they remind me of the 2016 group with a little less experience. Maybe more talent though. Just my opinion. 

That’s a good team then! 

39 minutes ago, Trollin said:

That’s a good team then! 

Yeah well I probably stuck my neck out on that one a little too much. I do think they can be that good based on the personnel but they still have to prove it. Probably not fair for me to compare like that. That 2016 group was special and could have went alot further than they did had it not been for some key injuries. 

I just see alot similarities with this group. Three headed backfield, physicality, speed, etc. I have really high expectations from our defense the next couple years. They may take a little time to get settled in but just about every position is occupied by an athlete on that side of the ball. 

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

LOL....maybe his weak scheduling is why you all think he is such a good coach!!!  He has had more athletes the last couple years than most 4A schools.

6 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

He has had more athletes the last couple years than most 4A schools.

So has Spring Hill but how did that work out for you guys? Are you saying Hughes isn't a good coach? Do tell. I'm curious how someone associated with Spring Hill has the gall to throw shade at another program.