Milan 2019

Knoxville central, Henry county, and Haywood I all think would be favored to beat the Tide. That is just my opinion. 

It is still early though.... We do not know for sure what each team is going to look like. I happen to believe that Milan is going to get a lot better as the season progresses. They did last year. Milan could really be crap team that is going to have a terrible season or they could have just played horribly in the opener and have a bunch of stuff to clean up.

I am for sure that peabody is a heavy favorite to win the 2a state championship.   

1 hour ago, MidStateFan1 said:

"There are no 5a schools in west tn that can play with them, maybe even the state" You're saying Henry County wouldn't even play with them.  I know Dyersburg and Haywood are 4a. I was talking about bigger schools in general. I would put money that both would beat Peabody. Haywood would beat them easily. Dyersburg would be close. Yes, they may have more overall players on the roster, but they also have more that have to play both ways. Westview might even beat them having Simpson and one of the best coaches in the state. Again, I believe Peabody is really good and will win the 2a crown

Just curious have you seen Henry Co, Haywood and Dyersburg live this year?  Did you watch Milan vs Trenton??  Milan scrimmaged Henry Co 2 weeks ago. 1’s vs 1’s was 21-21. Milan scrimmaged Dburg a few days later and 1’s vs 1’s Milan won. I know you will probably say it was “just a scrimmage”. But they were real game situations with first strings in and real refs working it. Anyone present, including myself, could clearly see there wasn’t a lot of difference in the talent and depth between those 3 teams. Trenton could have named the score on Milan. Huge difference in talent (which is due to coaching). They they started mixing in 2nd and 3rd teamers after half time. That’s the only reason it was 35-14 at the end when it was 35-7 at the half. And that 7 we got was a gift. Henry Co. played Haywood close for 3qtrs if their game Friday. 10-7 turned into 24-7 late in the game. Tells me there is not a huge difference in those teams and again I have seen both of them live so I know what they have. I am basing my opinion off live viewings and several of the coaches on the teams you mention have the same opinion. So again what are you basing your opinion on?  Which off these teams have you see LIVE THIS year??

It’s coaching and game planning that same Henry county team that can run the ball on dang near everyone couldn’t run on us at all. It does come down ultimately to coaching and discipline. I’d like to see haywood play Trenton personally. I feel that we both are athletic. Only difference in the game is they’re veteran and Haywood’s a very young team. 

13 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just curious have you seen Henry Co, Haywood and Dyersburg live this year?  Did you watch Milan vs Trenton??  Milan scrimmaged Henry Co 2 weeks ago. 1’s vs 1’s was 21-21. Milan scrimmaged Dburg a few days later and 1’s vs 1’s Milan won. I know you will probably say it was “just a scrimmage”. But they were real game situations with first strings in and real refs working it. Anyone present, including myself, could clearly see there wasn’t a lot of difference in the talent and depth between those 3 teams. Trenton could have named the score on Milan. Huge difference in talent (which is due to coaching). They they started mixing in 2nd and 3rd teamers after half time. That’s the only reason it was 35-14 at the end when it was 35-7 at the half. And that 7 we got was a gift. Henry Co. played Haywood close for 3qtrs if their game Friday. 10-7 turned into 24-7 late in the game. Tells me there is not a huge difference in those teams and again I have seen both of them live so I know what they have. I am basing my opinion off live viewings and several of the coaches on the teams you mention have the same opinion. So again what are you basing your opinion on?  Which off these teams have you see LIVE THIS year??

I've ben around football long enough to know that scrimmages are valuable, but they don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. For example, Siegel beat Brentwood and tied Ravenwood in a scrimmage. Guess what BPM???? They got killed by an ok Franklin team. Ravenwood blew out CentenniaI. Brentwood beat MBA. A lot of variables go into scrimmages that are different than games. I know and am well connected to a lot of people in that area. I watched Peabody vs Milan livestream and Peabody was still running their starting QB in the 4th. Would they be running him behind a 3rd string O line? 

Edited by MidStateFan1

13 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

I've ben around football long enough to know that scrimmages are valuable, but they don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. For example, Siegel beat Brentwood and tied Ravenwood in a scrimmage. Guess what BPM???? They got killed by an ok Franklin team. Ravenwood blew out CentenniaI. Brentwood beat MBA. A lot of variables go into scrimmages that are different than games. I know and am well connected to a lot of people in that area. I watched Peabody vs Milan livestream and Peabody was still running their starting QB in the 4th. Would they be running him behind a 3rd string O line? 

You didn’t answer my question. It’s ok. I didn’t figure you would.  And if you really think scrimmages mean nothing in the grand scheme of things that tells me all I need to know. By the way I never said Baugus was running behind a 3rd team online but you knew that. And if you were really watching live stream the other night then you would know where the subs where. Anyway enjoy d the legit football talk even though we disagree. I am done. Good day!!

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You didn’t answer my question. It’s ok. I didn’t figure you would.  And if you really think scrimmaged mean nothing in the grand scheme of things that tells me all I need to know. By the way I never said Baugus was running behind a 3rd team online but you knew that. And if you were really watching live stream the other night then you would know where the suns where. Anyway enjoy d the legit football talk even though we disagree. I am done. Good day!!

If you don't know that a 1-2 quarter scrimmage is not the same as a 4 quarter game, that tells me all I need to know. I did see that game on live stream, and the Jackson announcers were talking about how poor the Milan coaching was

Edited by MidStateFan1

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

Henry County might argue that..but They are very very good and they got size too.. If they dont win  2a  walking away I wanna see the team that beats them.

I’ve seen up close and personal what Henry co has this year and Peabody at this point in the year is head and shoulders above them. I understand that that is no historically the case. 

13 hours ago, dhstennis said:

:popcorneater:

this man said “slight edge”

I’m wondering what games he saw Thursday & Friday

no disrespect BPM but Lordy it might be a long regular season for the purple puppies

None taken. All the water girl jokes aside I know you know your football. And as much as it pains me to say you could be right. 

9 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

If you don't know that a 1-2 quarter scrimmage is not the same as a 4 quarter game, that tells me all I need to know. I did see that game on live stream, and the Jackson announcers were talking about how poor the Milan coaching was

Show me where I said it was the same?  Just don’t agree that in the grand scheme of things it means nothing like you said. If it meant nothing why have the scrimmage??  By the way they weren’t Jackson announcers. They were local Trenton guys. Just happened to be on a Jackson station. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

I want to say this because I know that there are Milan fans that read these boards and know who I am. So I just want to make sure that my opinion is clear. The other night was night a good perform by our team. The coaching staff didn’t have the kids ready to play and Pettigrew even said so himself. I have confidence that our coaching staff and kids are going to put their nose to the grindstone and do everything they can to improve and I support them all the way. 

20 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

This is a major overstatement. Peabody is going to win the 2A state championship as long as they avoid major injuries. However, they would lose to Haywood, Henry County, and Dyersburg. The depth would be too much. Don't get me started with all the Middle Tennessee larger schools they would lose to. They have 12 really good seniors, but there's only 12. They play a ton of players both ways, you're not beating good big schools having to play that many players both ways. Again, great at the 2a level, but saying they would beat any 5a school is ignorant, and should be called out on it. Depth comes into play when you play larger schools. Now......You have to admit Milan has underachieved going back to even Morris's last couple years. Peabody's personnel is probably a little better than Milan's, but not 35-14 better. Not -24 yards at half better. They are simply better COACHED! 

19 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Oh and back to the depth comment you made. Trenton has more players on their roster than Dyersburg and Haywood. And they rotate 9 players on each line. And yes the Trenton personnel is 35-14 better than Milan . Coaching is one of the reasons the personnel is 35-14 better. 

At season start Peabody had 86 players total. Not saying they can beat these teams but we have plenty to rotate lol