2A REGION 5

5 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

in fact vandy last year waverly was gona score 70 on us. remember? Final was 32-19

4 hours ago, Salem said:

If we don't get several players back in the next 3 weeks we won't face either.

Peabody is in a class of their own (like an Alcoa but with more obnoxious posters). Meigs County has done nothing to deserve being placed in the same class so far. 

Mighty Meigs must run the Region 2- 2A gauntlet of Wartburg Central (2-4) , Cumberland Gap (1-5) , Rockwood (3-5) , and Oneida (5-2). Oneida is the one mentioned as a real threat with a 5-2 record. However, those 5 wins have come against teams with a combined 12-21 record including the 3 region games plus powerhouse York Institute and Oliver Springs in 4OT (who lost to Greenback 50-0). Region 1 may be weaker.

Meigs has a  joke of a cakewalk to the semis vs the Trousdale - Watertown - Tyner winner. The nine other teams they have to compete with to reach the 2A semis are less than formidable. Meigs hasn't sniffed Cookeville in three years competing with team who couldn't earn a home playoff game in any other 2A region in the state. 

It would be different General if I haven’t seen these two teams play and make  ridiculous statement like that by all the hype. 

Salem wasn’t putting Meigs in the same category. Peabody is 3 tds better if I had to make a pick. 

But you never know! It’s like you said @GeneralAmerigha Waverly was suppose to handle y’all with ease but y’all didn’t lay down. And that’s how teams earn respect. I not trying to down Forrest by any means. Peabody will repeat if they stay healthy. Meigs will make it because of Swafford. 

11 minutes ago, Salem said:

Whats Region 6 looking like?

1. Waverly/ Houston Co winner

2.  Waverly/ Houston Co loser

3. Riverside

4. Hickman Co

?????

Yea that’s about right Salem. I think Houston county will be playing with a chip on their shoulders so I fully expect them to come out playing hard. I am hoping for a different waverly team to show up. It’s like you guys have been saying the past couple of yrs. you can see the potential but it’s just not clicking. If waverly does start to click then they would be a very good team. I haven’t seen a good Houston County team in an extremely long time. If they was to beat Waverly that’s not saying much by the way we been playing lately. It would be nice if we could pull off a season like Union City did in 2017. Wishful thinking I know. 

Edited by vandyfan1

Presumably, Forrest takes care of Lewis County. Forrest is the #1 seed. Then for 2, 3, 4, you have 3 teams tied at 3-2 in the region and all of them have beaten each other. How does that shake out? What would be the tie breakers in that scenario?

If Lewis beats Forrest, 1 is Lewis, 2 is Forrest, 3 Eagleville, 4 Summertown with head to head being the determining factor in 1 and 2 as well as 3 and 4. Am I correct on that?

I found this on the TSSAA site.

1. The team with the greatest number of victories. 
 2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games. 
 3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games. 
 4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.  
 5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.  
 6. Coin Flip

1 hour ago, Vandychris said:

I found this on the TSSAA site.

1. The team with the greatest number of victories. 
 2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games. 
 3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games. 
 4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.  
 5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.  
 6. Coin Flip

Tiebreakers are where Lewis Co being unable to get a 10th game will hurt them.  Eagleville can get to 8 wins if it beats Mt Pleasant and Loretto. Lewis Co will be 7-2 with a loss to Forrest. Lots of incentive for Lewis Co to win and get home field vs lose and drop to 3rd.

f LC loses to Forrest then there could be a 3-way tie for 2nd between LC, ST, and EV. Since all three split with each other number of wins would go  to EV for 2nd. Then it would go back to head to head for 3rd between ST and LC which would favor ST leaving LC at 4th. So LC most likely 1st or 4th.

8 hours ago, ddaddy said:

f LC loses to Forrest then there could be a 3-way tie for 2nd between LC, ST, and EV. Since all three split with each other number of wins would go  to EV for 2nd. Then it would go back to head to head for 3rd between ST and LC which would favor ST leaving LC at 4th. So LC most likely 1st or 4th.

So if EV loses to Mt Pleasant (possible) and Lewis Co loses to Forrest they both have 7 wins. So then we have to see which team played the most opponents who were .500 or better on the regular season.  

Our region seeding could come down to if Huntland can beat Cornersville and get to 5-5. :blink: