2A REGION 5

4 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

i mean....does anyone know what to expect

Honestly no !!!!! Do you think your coachimg staff will get the perfomance out of your guys that they are capable of??? If not your a 15 or higher if they compete like they are capable they are a top 10 easily !!! Just my 2 cents that dont matter in the long run !!!!

17 minutes ago, Salem said:

Forrest hosts Lewis County November 1 for what should be the region championship. Eagleville, Loretto, and Summertown battle it out for seeds 3 and 4. 

I don’t know if there are 5 posters on here from the region who post regularly though. 

I agree with you on this Salem but I don't know much about Eagleville. 

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

Their talent will be way down this season. They will have to outcoach a team or two to make the playoffs. 

I knew they lost their star player that everyone talked about the past couple years but I've never seen them play. Have seen Forrest the past 3 years and I think they could possibly win the region but Lewis is always tough.

simple simple simple, Forrest has 6-7 kids that should touch the ball. if they stick to that they will win 8+ games. if they get cute, or stupid, they will have another 4 win season. 

let's be even more honest. every adult associated with this program, coach and fan, has failed. there is zero hype or communication this summer. its unconscionable with this talented group of 12th graders. this could be a top 4-8 team in the state. wth is going on. the fan base has allowed this staff to stay hidden all summer. it's an absolute waste of good kids.  it's like everyone decided to take a real long nap after the baseball success. well there's 3 weeks until the ER game. if that is a dogfight it's going to be an ugly season. heaven forbid the rockets lose. 

these kids deserved so much better than this. i pray for them to rally and make the best of this year. they can win every game if they fight and stick together.   

3 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

simple simple simple, Forrest has 6-7 kids that should touch the ball. if they stick to that they will win 8+ games. if they get cute, or stupid, they will have another 4 win season. 

let's be even more honest. every adult associated with this program, coach and fan, has failed. there is zero hype or communication this summer. its unconscionable with this talented group of 12th graders. this could be a top 4-8 team in the state. wth is going on. the fan base has allowed this staff to stay hidden all summer. it's an absolute waste of good kids.  it's like everyone decided to take a real long nap after the baseball success. well there's 3 weeks until the ER game. if that is a dogfight it's going to be an ugly season. heaven forbid the rockets lose. 

these kids deserved so much better than this. i pray for them to rally and make the best of this year. they can win every game if they fight and stick together.   

Very good post. You and I have disagreed on a few things, but we think alike in principal. This isn't an attempt to call you out, but to get you thinking... what could you do more? You may be neck deep into the program/school/booster club/community, but if not... why not? Who do you trust more than yourself to get the ball rolling, and tie all those things together that I mentioned? There's little that one guy (or gal) can do by themselves, but if people see you trying anyway, it just might amaze you how many folks were waiting for someone to set the example or ask them not to do it, but to help them do it. 

You won me when you said that the kids deserved better than they've had... the kids won me in their last game. They were outmatched, outcoached, and not supposed to put up much of a fight, but they fought anyway, and weren't ready to quit when the last second ticked off. If this team has the same spirit as last year, a better atmosphere and some support could change their destiny. Be the change.

• Like 1