1. 1. Top Region Team 2019

• Clay County
    • Gordonsville
    • Jo Byrns
    • Monterey
    • Pickett County
    • Red Boiling Springs

16 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I read where Monterey only returns 2 starters.  One on each side of the ball.

Monterey Tigers
City- Monterey
County- Putnam
Enrollment- 392
Last Season’s Record- 5-6, lost to South Pittsburg in 1A first round
Region- 4-1A
Head Coach- Scott Hughes (29-27 in five years at Monterey)
Offensive Coordinator- Scott Hughes
Defensive Coordinator- Scott Hughes
Offense- Multiple
Defense- Multiple
Returning Starters on Offense/Defense- 2 (1 Off/1 Def)
Last Playoff Appearance- 2018
Key Returnees- Kevin Borjas (WR/DB, Sr.), Paxton Payne (WR/DB, Sr.), Kevin Perez (OL/LB, Sr.), Rene Telon (DL/P/K, Sr.), Jordan Key (ATH, Sr.)
Key Losses- Tyler Kilby (RB/DE), Dalton Roberts (OL/DL), Roscoe Gragg (WR/DB), Jacob Walker (ATH),
Streak Going Into 2019-one game losing streak

That info is wrong. Sounds like Hughes is trying to snowball everyone.

3 hours ago, TALMAD said:

I notice they moved Monterey/Gville game to last week of season! Also Clay is game 9!

Makes for a more exciting season when region games are at the end of season.  Everything on the line.  

NFL began scheduling more division conference games toward the end of the season several years back.  Because division winners had already been decided and most teams then would hold out starters whereby down the stretch it caused conflict with teams hoping to get in the playoffs while others trying to get in went up against teams that were sitting starters.   Sorta fair play so to speak.  Kept the format more honest.

On 7/31/2019 at 4:58 AM, TALMAD said:

Why would u want back in this cupcake Region? Lol. You guys would complain about a weak schedule then and how that hurts u in playoffs so just stay where u are lol

Can't do that enrollment has dropped TC back into 1A football the region that TC is in this year will be a bigger cupcake than you'll region.

1 hour ago, RTD said:

Can't do that enrollment has dropped TC back into 1A football the region that TC is in this year will be a bigger cupcake than you'll region.

If Monterey enrollment changes much they will have to move up lol that seems weird to say but they not far!

8 minutes ago, RTD said:

I thought it was weird with how TC moved up to 2A. Maybe TC we Monterey will just swap.

I don’t think it would affect Basketball and Baseball for Monterey but even if it did they be ok. They have good programs almost every year anymore! Would prob kill Football. 

4 hours ago, TALMAD said:

I don’t think it would affect Basketball and Baseball for Monterey but even if it did they be ok. They have good programs almost every year anymore! Would prob kill Football. 

I'm sure you'll compete with Westmoreland. Cascade, East Robertson, and Jackson Co. I'm sure you'll win you'll share of the game against those teams. 

6 hours ago, RTD said:

You're enrollment next year will be what decides what class you're in, so it can change between now and then.

By the way some of you guys talk, you're above 1A football. You might as well play up.

18 hours ago, croz6110 said:

You're enrollment next year will be what decides what class you're in, so it can change between now and then.

By the way some of you guys talk, you're above 1A football. You might as well play up.

Enrollment will be lower it has dropped over the past few years. TC would be a middle of pack sized 1A team moving toward the lower end.