Class 1A Region 5

Southtowner

Class 1A Region 5  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Top Region Team in 2019

11 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I didn't think Cornersville would be this big of a favorite.  I look for Mt Pleasant to step up this year and claim this region championship. 

The cupboard isn't bare down there. They should host Huntingdon again in the quarterfinals as a highly ranked 1A team. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like the Dawgs again this season. There will definitely be some hard fought ball games to come that could go either way. I have heard good things coming out of practice, and no I will not speak of them here. Folks shouldn't rule out Huntland. They will be a force to be reckoned with this season. They were a hard hitting team last season and would expect nothing different this season and their running back is nothing but pure speed. Mt. Pleasant SHOULD make some noise this season, but time will tell. From what I am hearing about Moore County is that they just don't have the kids...25-26 all in and very young. Richland will surprise some folks. Fayetteville is the big unknown with a new coach. Ready for the season to start.

Should be a very balanced region from top to bottom.  Fayetteville and Richland will be much improved.  Staying away from injuries will be the key to who wins this region. Could be any team in the region.  Looking forward to the jamboree on the 17 th, get to see all teams except Mt Pleasant (they dont participate in the region Jamboree).

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:23 AM, rebelboy121 said:

Should be a very balanced region from top to bottom.  Fayetteville and Richland will be much improved.  Staying away from injuries will be the key to who wins this region. Could be any team in the region.  Looking forward to the jamboree on the 17 th, get to see all teams except Mt Pleasant (they dont participate in the region Jamboree).

It is bad that Perry County is making the trip over to Huntland but Mt. Pleasant isn't. 

5 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

It is bad that Perry County is making the trip over to Huntland but Mt. Pleasant isn't. 

Mt Pleasant has to play in the Maury county jamboree. Nothing bad about it.

As a homer i voted for my Tigers to win the region but the whole region should be in it. Cville, Huntland, MC all have great players and I hear Fayetteville has added a ton of players and several transfers that will help them compete. Richland should be improved and may surprise some teams

Go Tigers

• Like 1