McMinn Central @ Walker Valley

OldCharger

1 minute ago, TigerNation said:

Central’s playoffs start September 6 with Sweetwater. That game, along with Brainerd and Signal, will essentially be playoff games. Have to win two. All of those teams are better than Walker Valley. 

Only Sweetwater and Brainerd are "playoff games." Win two and you're in. Central will be 5-5 and in the playoffs with a chance to win first game.

1 hour ago, OldCharger said:

He said.

#1) Walker Valley should beat lol Etowah and shouldn't have the horses to compete vs. Walker Valley. 

He was wrong

#2) Central can't make playoffs and win one. 

Hes wrong again because it's possible

Listen buddy. Firstly, I didn’t make the statement that: “walker Valley is definitely going to beat etowah.” I stated that if WV loses, it’s going to be a LONG year for them in 5a. So I am more right, saying that WV is in for a long year, than I am wrong. Secondly, Derrick Davis is a good ball coach, but he is not going to magically make this team into a region contender. You speak of these “horses” that etowah has. Where are they? Your football team won 1 (!!!) game last year. Are these “horses” coming from other sports? If so, the basketball team wasn’t as good as it normally is last year, and did your baseball team even win a game last year?

I just want to provide a dose of reality for you fine folks talking like a region title is on the way. 

One of the WV fans said before the scrimmage that their coach wasn't worried about the score because he was concentrating on playing all the players at various positions to see where their best suited to help the team.  This fan also said five of WV's top players are out for the year, and last night seven other starters were held out.

2 hours ago, BBG1 said:

Listen buddy. Firstly, I didn’t make the statement that: “walker Valley is definitely going to beat etowah.” I stated that if WV loses, it’s going to be a LONG year for them in 5a. So I am more right, saying that WV is in for a long year, than I am wrong. Secondly, Derrick Davis is a good ball coach, but he is not going to magically make this team into a region contender. You speak of these “horses” that etowah has. Where are they? Your football team won 1 (!!!) game last year. Are these “horses” coming from other sports? If so, the basketball team wasn’t as good as it normally is last year, and did your baseball team even win a game last year?

I just want to provide a dose of reality for you fine folks talking like a region title is on the way. 

Dose of Reality? Really? We understand where our football program has been and is now. Hopefully we will show improvement and improvement is making the playoffs. That's reality. 

Every high school football team has its Reality including  the Tigers. Very talented and very well coached. Best QB in 2A with loads of skill players. Your window of opportunity is this year

Rockwood beats you in the Quarters 2017

Trousdale beats you last year in Semis,  You have your own reality to worry about!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

55 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

One of the WV fans said before the scrimmage that their coach wasn't worried about the score because he was concentrating on playing all the players at various positions to see where their best suited to help the team.  This fan also said five of WV's top players are out for the year, and last night seven other starters were held out.

Unfortunately, this is 100% correct. WV needs to get healthy. The program is 1000x better than last year and is headed in the right direction. It appears Central is too! Best of luck!