McMinn Central @ Walker Valley

OldCharger

4 hours ago, BBG1 said:

Listen buddy. Firstly, I didn’t make the statement that: “walker Valley is definitely going to beat etowah.” I stated that if WV loses, it’s going to be a LONG year for them in 5a. So I am more right, saying that WV is in for a long year, than I am wrong. Secondly, Derrick Davis is a good ball coach, but he is not going to magically make this team into a region contender. You speak of these “horses” that etowah has. Where are they? Your football team won 1 (!!!) game last year. Are these “horses” coming from other sports? If so, the basketball team wasn’t as good as it normally is last year, and did your baseball team even win a game last year?

I just want to provide a dose of reality for you fine folks talking like a region title is on the way. 

And NO WHERE "BUDDY" did I say you said that.

You said Central doesn't have the horses to compete with Walker Valley. They do and did.

Then said Central to be solid has to make the playoffs and win a game. You said they don't have that potential. And they do! 

Nobody said Region Title. I even stated 5-5. 4 region teams make the playoffs. Not just the region champs.

Central has the potential to take 4th place and win 1 playoff game. 

They will not compete for the Region.

Edited by OldCharger

10 hours ago, OldCharger said:

And from the sound of the McMinn scrimmage this might be a hard day for the chargers! Tyner going to be really good.  Might give Meigs a run for their money. 

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in preseason scrimmages in regard to what type of season a team will have. A lot of coaches are just experimenting with things to see what works and what doesn't, and what players play certain positions better. Coaches will refine things over the next two scrimmages to prepare for the first game.
Meigs has been and still is the one of the beat teams in this area regardless of classification.

Edited by hohmaster

3 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

How did the Chargers look on defense? I’m sure WV tried to throw it a bunch? 

Very vanilla. Stayed in base defense even though it hurt them on the short game. Had 2 interceptions. One returned for a TD. Had a goal line stop. Alot of missed tackles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldCharger said:

Very vanilla. Stayed in base defense even though it hurt them on the short game. Had 2 interceptions. One returned for a TD. Had a goal line stop. Alot of missed tackles. 

Sounds like you all will field a better team than last year. Davis is getting it done.

Edited by Imthayeti
  • Like 1

Davis will have these boys prepared when the season gets here. Central does have some playmakers and some just wasn't used last year. O-line will come around. This team will be fun to watch yeah going to be some bumps during the season but new system and Coach but I can tell these boys want to play for Coach Davis and his staff. 

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:14 AM, BBG1 said:

I’m sorry for being so naive, but who exactly are these “horses” you speak of? Jalen Hunt is the only workhorse that resides in mcminn county that I know of, and he doesn’t attend etowah. 

Jordan Ledford is very strong an runs with power when motivated, Jace Derrick has potential to be very good, Nate Austin is a very dangerous athlete.

Jalen Hunt isn't even the only workhorse on his team, Jalen Sharp is a strong runner that gets harder to bring down as the game goes.  

Guest Chargerpride74

Just throwing my two cents in. I remember similar situation in Meigs County. Coach Holiday was let go and Coach Fitz came on. Fitzgerald has the same players that Holiday had minus a few  “PowerHouse” players that graduated. Everyone said Meigs did not have the players to compete. Fitzgerald’s first year, Meigs county went to the first round in playoffs. The difference between him and Holiday was he moved kids around and demanded respect and discipline from his team. I am a huge supporter of Fitzgerald. Just because Central has the same players and several new players (since Goodin is gone) does not mean that they do not have the talent. Coach Davis and every coach involved with Central demands respect and discipline. He has moved several players around to new positions. We will not go undefeated. No one has said that at all. However, give those boys and coaches the respect they deserve. The community needs to get behind our boys. They have been beat down enough. They are full of energy, PRIDE, and excitement. If you base Central’s progress on a game against Meigs County then you are an idiot. Meigs should come out and beat us. However , I think the Chargers are going to fight with everything they have. To me that is what a Power House is. One that can compete with another team, one that is a great team, and keep their heads high. Stop beating the boys down. They looked great in the scrimmage. The atmosphere was exciting. Parents were cheering louder than I have ever heard them. Those boys in Blue have a reason to walk tall and hold their heads high. They have made drastic improvements. .... Just my thoughts

2 hours ago, Prahs said:

Jordan Ledford is very strong an runs with power when motivated, Jace Derrick has potential to be very good, Nate Austin is a very dangerous athlete.

Jalen Hunt isn't even the only workhorse on his team, Jalen Sharp is a strong runner that gets harder to bring down as the game goes.  

Thank you for this information on your better players. That’s all I was asking for earlier in this thread because I really didn’t know.

3 hours ago, Chargerpride74 said:

Just throwing my two cents in. I remember similar situation in Meigs County. Coach Holiday was let go and Coach Fitz came on. Fitzgerald has the same players that Holiday had minus a few  “PowerHouse” players that graduated. Everyone said Meigs did not have the players to compete. Fitzgerald’s first year, Meigs county went to the first round in playoffs. The difference between him and Holiday was he moved kids around and demanded respect and discipline from his team. I am a huge supporter of Fitzgerald. Just because Central has the same players and several new players (since Goodin is gone) does not mean that they do not have the talent. Coach Davis and every coach involved with Central demands respect and discipline. He has moved several players around to new positions. We will not go undefeated. No one has said that at all. However, give those boys and coaches the respect they deserve. The community needs to get behind our boys. They have been beat down enough. They are full of energy, PRIDE, and excitement. If you base Central’s progress on a game against Meigs County then you are an idiot. Meigs should come out and beat us. However , I think the Chargers are going to fight with everything they have. To me that is what a Power House is. One that can compete with another team, one that is a great team, and keep their heads high. Stop beating the boys down. They looked great in the scrimmage. The atmosphere was exciting. Parents were cheering louder than I have ever heard them. Those boys in Blue have a reason to walk tall and hold their heads high. They have made drastic improvements. .... Just my thoughts

Who's beating them down? 

23 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Sounds like you all will field a better team than last year. Davis is getting it done.

This here was a compliment.