Class 2A Region 1

Southtowner

Class 2A Region 1  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Top Region Team in 2019

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/17/2019 at 11:00 PM

56 minutes ago, IMDog said:

I couldn't agree more,give me a bunch of kids that just live to play and compete,I'm not much on superstars,I played with one (superstar)on my teams growing up always felt like we would have been a better team if other players got to touch the ball as well.i like what I've seen from the starters as well,I think it's going to be a very fun and competitive season

You can tell that this bunch, for the most part, is about winning. We'll learn a bit more next week 

We seemed big and physical in about every positive... Sophomores ain't little neither! 

57 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Got the chance to come out and see Hampton tonight...so much physicality and size. Not just on the lines either. Gonna be a really good year for the Bulldogs . 

All comes down to staying healthy...and too often you can't do much about that.

Even tho there's still a lot of work to do, thank God there's a different feeling in the air in these parts. 

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

All comes down to staying healthy...and too often you can't do much about that.

Even tho there's still a lot of work to do, thank God there's a different feeling in the air in these parts. 

Too much of a mismatch tonight to tell anything about it. Do think if Hampton stays healthy, they'll be in every game they play. Top 4 in this region could end up several different ways. Its for sure up in the air at this point.Makes for a fun year. Next weeks scrimmages  should be much more revealing.

7 hours ago, pujo said:

Too much of a mismatch tonight to tell anything about it. Do think if Hampton stays healthy, they'll be in every game they play. Top 4 in this region could end up several different ways. Its for sure up in the air at this point.Makes for a fun year. Next weeks scrimmages  should be much more revealing.

Yep....just encouraging to see a good number of kids with that football mentality. 

10 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

:roflol:

Uknoit, if you think you can avoid being biased,  I'd like your assessment of the scrimmage today.  Cland's biggest strength this year is up front.  I know all of those boys and I don't think anyone on the schedule will beat cland by dominating up front.  I just don't see it happening.  However,  we don't have the elder Lunsford on the sidelines and Coffey running the ball.  I think that opposing teams who can scheme defensively will give us problems this year.  Young Conner has muscled up and Lacy has added pounds but the Coffey train was a whole different train.  If you got in front of that train, it was lights out. 

King I think you overlooking Blair. He may not have break away speed but he will get you some tough yards. I think the other Birchfield will hold his own. The Black(thats his last name) kid has some speed. I’m more worried about the D this year. Johnson will be hard to replace at LB. King I’m also wanting to see how McKinney develops through the season.