Class 2A Region 1

Southtowner

Class 2A Region 1  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Top Region Team in 2019

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/17/2019 at 11:00 PM

Region 1 2A’s looking to be competitive this year.  South Green is looking really good for being a top contender in this region.   Anxious to see they do with the talent and speed they have returning this year. They a few big guys as well.  One in particular I know is going to be hard to handle is the senior young man with a last name Heater.  I think if I heard correctly he’s 6.2 or 6.3 weighing in at 334lbs and runs a 5.0 40.   If I am wrong on 40 please let me know.  I do know the kid has a lot college offers but not sure who the schools are that are recruiting him?  Does anyone know?  Good luck to everyone in the region 1 2A and hope all teams have a great and injury free season.  It would be nice to see one of them in Cookeville this year.  I’m going to go with South Greene as having the best chance, but who knows?  Hampton should be back this year and it sounds like Happy Valley is looking like they could have solid year as well.  Looking forward to some great high school football.  Go VOLS!   

Edited by Romansfive8

Just now, Romansfive8 said:

Region 1 2A’s looking to be competitive this year.  South Green is looking really good for being a top contender in this region.   Anxious to see they do with the talent and speed they have returning this year. They a few big guys as well.  One in particular I know is going to be hard to handle is the senior young man with a last name Heater.  I think if I heard correctly he’s 6.2 or 6.3 weighing in at 334lbs and runs a 5.0 40.   If I am wrong on 40 please let me know.  I do know the kid has a lot college offers but not sure who the schools are that are recruiting him?  Does anyone know?  Good luck to everyone in the region 1 2A and hope all teams have a great and injury free season.  It would be nice to see one of them in Cookeville this year.  I’m going to go with South Greene as having the best chance, but who knows?  Hampton should be back this year and it sounds like Happy Valley is looking like they could have solid year as well.  Looking forward to some great high school football.  Go VOLS!   

I'd have to give the Rebels the edge but I do think it will be a 4 horse race. Wouldn't dare count Sullivan North out. No one in this conference will have an answer for the Monster you speak of. Could easily be lineman of the year in 2a. Man among boys. Love having a competitive conference, 

10 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

If he's that fast at that size,  then Pruitt will be paying y'all a visit!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Impressive showing by the Dogs from what I'm reading. Has anyone seen or heard what North has done scrimmage wise so far ?

coach mays might have been playing a lot of younger players or holding back keeping starters healthy, but still VERY IMPRESSIVE for little Hampton.

7 hours ago, RLS26 said:

coach mays might have been playing a lot of younger players or holding back keeping starters healthy, but still VERY IMPRESSIVE for little Hampton.

You may be right, but I don't think their tight end, backs, O and D lines and starting QB was a sign of holding back. I'll see what coach Mays says, but Little Hampton did have sophomores all over the field

56 minutes ago, IMDog said:

Carter county South high school Mountaineers,colors are going to black and gold like App state,or it's going to be Mary Patton high school powdermakers or roadrunners,Lol.i have seriously heard about Carter co south 

I've been thinking and if KING has to support a school that Cland has been combined with, it definitely has to be called the BULLDOGS! Maybe navy blue and Carolina blue unis??!!! 

He'd look so good sporting those colors with DOGS printed Everywhere...He's always been a closet DOG anyways 

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

I've been thinking and if KING has to support a school that Cland has been combined with, it definitely has to be called the BULLDOGS! Maybe navy blue and Carolina blue unis??!!! 

He'd look so good sporting those colors with DOGS printed Everywhere...He's always been a closet DOG anyways 

True,I'd like to see him all decked out in bulldog gear