1. 1. Top Region Team in 2019

• Decatur Riverside
    • East Hickman
    • Hickman County
    • Houston County
    • Scotts Hill
    • Waverly Central

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/17/2019 at 11:00 PM

49 minutes ago, Tigers6056 said:

Do you know how yalls scrimmage with Bruceton went?

Looked worse than it was. Started by giving up some on the ground to one play. They pulled the right guard and ran off his hip with the back reading the linebacker to cut it upfield or bounce outside. We busted two plays for long TD's, one pass and one run. after the first series we figured out how to defend the running play that was giving us trouble, and didn't give up much the rest of the night. Our offense isn't great, but not terrible either, and the QB actually has some touch on the intermediate passes that we haven't had lately.

Bruceton won't win state, but they aren't a pushover either... good sized line and two bruisers for backs that can catch. They may catch someone sleeping that's "supposed" to beat them.

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Looked worse than it was. Started by giving up some on the ground to one play. They pulled the right guard and ran off his hip with the back reading the linebacker to cut it upfield or bounce outside. We busted two plays for long TD's, one pass and one run. after the first series we figured out how to defend the running play that was giving us trouble, and didn't give up much the rest of the night. Our offense isn't great, but not terrible either, and the QB actually has some touch on the intermediate passes that we haven't had lately.

Bruceton won't win state, but they aren't a pushover either... good sized line and two bruisers for backs that can catch. They may catch someone sleeping that's "supposed" to beat them.

I look for y'all to be tougher than people are giving you credit for and with a new coach y'all worry me a little.

1 hour ago, Tigers6056 said:

I look for y'all to be tougher than people are giving you credit for and with a new coach y'all worry me a little.

We're going to be better mentally, and we're going to be in better shape. We don't have the athletes to compete for the region yet, but we do have a big freshman class, and a good looking bunch of eighth graders for next year to build on. I'm a little disappointed that more of our upper class athletes haven't committed to the football program... if most had, then we might worry some folks now, but give us another year or two before you can circle our game on the schedule.

1 hour ago, Tigers6056 said:

Fairview should be pretty tough this year again. They lost a couple of good players but had plenty of depth last year.

We're still very much a work in progress with lots of work to do.

Hickman County has some strength up front and more than a couple of capable athletes. They had very vanilla play calling for the scrimmage. I can see that RPO stuff being very effective with more reps and when theres more at stake. QB is prepared to throw all the way to the line of scrimmage. They'll breakdown some over aggressive defenses. Unfortunately for them I just don't think they have the speed to deal with Waverly or Riverside this year. Best of luck to the Bulldogs on a successful season!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tradertwo said:

We're going to be better mentally, and we're going to be in better shape. We don't have the athletes to compete for the region yet, but we do have a big freshman class, and a good looking bunch of eighth graders for next year to build on. I'm a little disappointed that more of our upper class athletes haven't committed to the football program... if most had, then we might worry some folks now, but give us another year or two before you can circle our game on the schedule.

All region games get circled lol. I hope y'all have a good year except the week we play ya! 

47 minutes ago, Tigers6056 said:

All region games get circled lol. I hope y'all have a good year except the week we play ya! 

Same to y'all… I'm as much of a Waverly fan as I can be, and still have to beat you to get where we want to be. You can't watch a game like the 'quarters in 16 without respecting the other team... made me a fan.

• Like 1