1. 1. Top Region Team in 2019

• Decatur Riverside
    • East Hickman
    • Hickman County
    • Houston County
    • Scotts Hill
    • Waverly Central

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/17/2019 at 11:00 PM

18 hours ago, tradertwo said:

We're going to be better mentally, and we're going to be in better shape. We don't have the athletes to compete for the region yet, but we do have a big freshman class, and a good looking bunch of eighth graders for next year to build on. I'm a little disappointed that more of our upper class athletes haven't committed to the football program... if most had, then we might worry some folks now, but give us another year or two before you can circle our game on the schedule.

There ain’t no telling how many programs are hurt by the upper class men not playing. Waverly was like that for a long time. Your coach gets some wins underneath him and y’all will see a big difference.

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

There ain’t no telling how many programs are hurt by the upper class men not playing. Waverly was like that for a long time. Your coach gets some wins underneath him and y’all will see a big difference.

We've been there... had 22 kids when we hired Stroup, and within three years had 68 with a slight overall enrollment drop. I'm really only disappointed because the new coach has already changed the culture in the school, as well as the community (estimates are between 800-900 at "Meet the Lions"... NEVER had that). I just assumed that the kids were waiting to jump at the opportunity to play for someone like Coach Woodmore.

First I have had a problem responding with my not so smart phone. Using a different device now. Two different times won't let me post anything for a few days. Anyone else having this problem? 

Second who does everyone in the district have this Friday? Ik rhs at Lewis and Waverly playing Camden

4 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

First I have had a problem responding with my not so smart phone. Using a different device now. Two different times won't let me post anything for a few days. Anyone else having this problem? 

Second who does everyone in the district have this Friday? Ik rhs at Lewis and Waverly playing Camden

Houston CO plays Mcewen but I'm not sure who the 2 Hickman CO teams play.

19 hours ago, Tigers6056 said:

Houston CO plays Mcewen but I'm not sure who the 2 Hickman CO teams play.

18 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Perry County is at East Hickman, and Hickman County is ( I think ) at Lawrence County.

I think Waverly ,Houston, Riverside, and Hickman get the wins this Friday. 

The Hill will be playing a team that went 6-5 last yr. looks like they ran the Spread with a lot of motion. On Defense they didn’t look so tough but who am I. I think the Hill will be 0-1 after Friday but Walnut travels a lot I think so they are probably pretty good. 

East Hickman will fall to Perry county I’m thinking just because it’s East Hickman.

Waverly 1-0

Houston 1-0 

Riverside 1-0

Hickman 1-0

Scotts Hill 0-1

East Hickman 0-1

12 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

The Hill will be playing a team that went 6-5 last yr. looks like they ran the Spread with a lot of motion. On Defense they didn’t look so tough but who am I. I think the Hill will be 0-1 after Friday but Walnut travels a lot I think so they are probably pretty good. 

East Hickman will fall to Perry county I’m thinking just because it’s East Hickman.

Waverly 1-0

Houston 1-0 

Riverside 1-0

Hickman 1-0

Scotts Hill 0-1

East Hickman 0-1

I talked to someone that knows a little about Walnut... he said that we may be in big trouble stopping their offense. Two backs that are absolute burners, and put up monster numbers last season, with a good QB. Their defense was good last year, but lost some key kids... yet to be seen if the replacements take up the slack.

Well, if we're going to get better there's no better time than now to see if our defense can play their assignments. I heard a good coach say that speed only hurts you if you're not where you need to be... I guess we'll see if we can be where we need to be.

The East Hickman/Perry Co. game could be tight... as Forrest Gump would say " that's all I've got to say about that.".

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I talked to someone that knows a little about Walnut... he said that we may be in big trouble stopping their offense. Two backs that are absolute burners, and put up monster numbers last season, with a good QB. Their defense was good last year, but lost some key kids... yet to be seen if the replacements take up the slack.

Well, if we're going to get better there's no better time than now to see if our defense can play their assignments. I heard a good coach say that speed only hurts you if you're not where you need to be... I guess we'll see if we can be where we need to be.

The East Hickman/Perry Co. game could be tight... as Forrest Gump would say " that's all I've got to say about that.".

I watched some film of them (Walnut) on max prep. If they have the same back field and QB man look out! Their defense didn’t look that good but it was just highlights. I hope y’all stun them and pull one out. I’m always pulling for Riverside and Scott’s Hill unless y’all play us of course :thumb:

3 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Waverly 1-0

Houston 1-0 

Riverside 1-0

Hickman 1-0

Scotts Hill 0-1

East Hickman 0-1

You want to go 20 on the Mcewen Vs Houston co game I’ll give you Erin and 7 points. 

3 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Waverly 1-0

Houston 1-0 

Riverside 1-0

Hickman 1-0

Scotts Hill 0-1

East Hickman 0-1

I've really not heard anything out of Houston CO so I don't know what they have this year. Would like to see the Riverside game but you know where I'll be.