Meigs County Tigers 2019

Yeti

I'm not sure what the final score was, but if someone called it 7-4 Loudon I wouldn't dispute it. Meigs had flashes of greatness running the ball and our run defense looked really good. Our passing offense looked suspect somewhat. We had 2 interceptions, one of which was a pick 6. We just aren't hitting on all cylinders yet which is evident from preseason and some inexperience on the field. 

Final analysis for Meigs after scrimmage 01 this team could easily be better than last years team with some reps. We field some great talent just missed  a few assignments from what I saw is what hindered us from doing well on all fronts be it blocking, running routes or coverage. all of which that can be adjusted.

We seem to field better athletes than last year.  Our defense was getting to the ball quick on a run play which was nice to see I could see our run defense this year being easily better than last years defense. I dont see alot of teams running up alot of yards against us. Our pass defense was a little suspect. Loudon managed most of their positive plays on passing plays against us on the starters. Something that will have to be adjusted before we can be a top team again. We have the athletes to do it easily, we just didnt get it done this scrimmage. Offensively our run game looked really good for the most part we were getting decent gains every play unless someone missed an assignment and was hit in the backfield. Our qb wasnt allowed to run the ball so saying we were handled is really questionable considering we had a handicap. Not taking anything away from Loudon they were a much better Loudon team then the one we scrimmaged last year. I could easily see them battling Red Bank for first spot this year barring injuries.

Thank you, good day!

Edited by Imthayeti

18 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Good analysis, Yeti!! I am sure your boys will learn from this as all teams should from these games. No team ,at this point in time, is ready for the season to begin! Let's just hope and pray to make it through without any significant injuries!!

Great point!

15 hours ago, Spike16 said:

Glad y’all gotta make the drive to the Reservation! Get there early and we can get some grub and talk football!

Spike, if at all possible I may take you up on that. That's a long drive and I would love to stretch some legs, fill the belly, and tell some whopper football stories! All depends on how work feels about it.:unsure:

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Spike, if at all possible I may take you up on that. That's a long drive and I would love to stretch some legs, fill the belly, and tell some whopper football stories! All depends on how work feels about it.:unsure:

What????Just tell them ITS FOOTBALL SEASON!!!:mrgreen: