Meigs County Tigers 2019

Yeti

2 hours ago, BBG1 said:

I was at the scrimmage. Yeah, it wasn’t exactly our best showing, but I’m not really too worried about it. Fitzgerald and the staff will get them eager to improve. Nothing to be worried about Tiger Faithful, we still have the best player in 2a. Ready for the season. 

Yeah I'm not worried either, Last year our team was just more experienced preseason then we are right now. It's just evident their are new faces taking over old positions. I would easily say we had stronger players and better athletes then what Loudon had, but they seem to run routes and block a little better then us yesterday which is coachable. The good news is we have some outstanding horses on the field. They Just need some practice running races so to speak to learn how to run a race.

Edited by Imthayeti

46 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah I'm not worried either, Last year our team was just more experienced preseason then we are right now. It's just evident their are new faces taking over old positions. I would easily say we had stronger players and better athletes then what Loudon had, but they seem to run routes and block a little better then us yesterday which is coachable. The good news is we have some outstanding horses on the field. They Just need some practice running races so to speak to learn how to run a race.

I wouldn't worry alot about the first scrimmage. Alot will change between now and the first game. I fully expect Trousdale,Meigs and Tyner to be the beast in the east this year. Good luck to Meigs County.

8 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I wouldn't worry alot about the first scrimmage. Alot will change between now and the first game. I fully expect Trousdale,Meigs and Tyner to be the beast in the east this year. Good luck to Meigs County.

It will be between Trousdale , Meigs and Tyner........Not sure if Region 1 has anyone that would compete. Heard Hampton might be pretty good.

9 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I wouldn't overlook Watertown!

Guest Fall101
15 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Spike, if at all possible I may take you up on that. That's a long drive and I would love to stretch some legs, fill the belly, and tell some whopper football stories! All depends on how work feels about it.:unsure:

That’s why you put in for half a day now and by time it comes everything will be lined up to make the trip. 

9 hours ago, team69 said:

I wouldn't overlook Watertown!

All the Watertown faithful are saying they will be good again year. Watertown is like Tyner really. You dont hear alot about them until you play them or until you see they beat a really good opponent.

10 hours ago, Charger64 said:

It will be between Trousdale , Meigs and Tyner........Not sure if Region 1 has anyone that would compete. Heard Hampton might be pretty good.

South Greenes qb was pretty decent from last year. Was able to throw the ball decent and at times and scramble as well decently. If he returns this year they will probably be the favorite in the region 1 I would say. They would have to improve significantly to give us a good game though. Last year we handled them fairly easily, and our team will be close in all positions to last years team.

13 hours ago, Charger64 said:

They hype Hampton up every year. Knock on wood, but I think South Greene will be the front runner in Region 1. Oneida is a sleeper as well. I think they will be very good. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Tyner has played them the last few years and they will throw it on you a bunch. Should be a good scrimmage for Meigs. Hope the weather cooperates!

Thats good to know, thanks man. We could use a few more passing teams to play against right now I believe. Your scrimmage is tomorrow against Central pat I saw. I'd probably attend if it was @ Central good luck though, they are coming around i hear under Davis. I don't expect you guys to get beat but I do hope to hear they played you well.

Edited by Imthayeti

Guest Fall101
21 hours ago, MarsBlackmon said:

They hype Hampton up every year. Knock on wood, but I think South Greene will be the front runner in Region 1. Oneida is a sleeper as well. I think they will be very good. 

Oneida should be pretty good this year. I don’t think they will be Meigs Co. good but they will be good. They have a brutal schedule so we will have to see how that plays out.