Oak Ridge - William Blount Scrimmage - 8/2

ORDT

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

You will be surprised with Oak Ridge's whole team. Just for fun, remember that last time you saw an Oak Ridge WR catch a TD??? Yep, Tee Higgins putting the final points on the Clemson beatdown of bama. Sorry,.

Yep….they whipped us and Tee looked awful good.  They will be the favorite to do it again this year.

13 minutes ago, bonkers said:

Either no OR fans went to the scrimmage or OR must have looked awful. Not a single post from an OR fan. That doesn't bode well for the Cats

Your right bonkers. for a thread a country mile long and no one talking is very unusual. We even know what size underwear everyone on the team wears and who had a bowel movement last but the place has went silent tonight.

Edited by BarneySox2007

This is what I heard, 1st string D didnt give up anything, the O looked a little frustrated at first but the RB got real physical real quick and things got nice. QB connected several times. He looked in control. Had some breakdowns here and there but overall OR owned this team. Mostly a lot of new kids getting some reps. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your right bonkers. for a thread a country mile long and no one talking is very unusual. We even know what size underwear everyone on the team wears and who had a bowel movement last but the place has went silent tonight.

Lots of OR fans there, guess most folk aint spending their Friday night on this here chat LOL.

Sheesh, I’m just getting home. The scrimmage was 42-21 Oak Ridge.  Most of the scrimmage was dominated by both defenses. William Blount’s defense played pretty solid most of the night. We had some trouble getting started early but was able to move the ball after the 3rd series on.  I thought all the Governors QBs has a good night.  

Gibbons started a little slow, but I thought once he got warmed up, he was effective. Jackson and Rowe ran the ball great.  Isaiah Johnson did well at both receiver and corner. 

My takeaways:

i thought we played with a lot of enthusiasm and effort. Some of our younger linemen held up very well.  The secondary is young and needs to grow up in a hurry. The front seven is very stout. William Blount can be good, but must be more consistent on offense and defend the edges better on defense. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, boyfromsi said:

Sheesh, I’m just getting home. The scrimmage was 42-21 Oak Ridge.  Most of the scrimmage was dominated by both defenses. William Blount’s defense played pretty solid most of the night. We had some trouble getting started early but was able to move the ball after the 3rd series on.  I thought all the Governors QBs has a good night.  

Gibbons started a little slow, but I thought once he got warmed up, he was effective. Jackson and Rowe ran the ball great.  Isaiah Johnson did well at both receiver and corner. 

My takeaways:

i thought we played with a lot of enthusiasm and effort. Some of our younger linemen held up very well.  The secondary is young and needs to grow up in a hurry. The front seven is very stout. William Blount can be good, but must be more consistent on offense and defend the edges better on defense. 

#23 on D was in on everything from the get go. Who is he??