Sumner and Wilson Co scrimmages

GWAVE1

Aug 2 Gallatin/Rockvale, Beech/Brentwood, Mt Juliet/Hillsboro, Lebanon/Cookeville/East Hamilton, Station Camp/McGavock, Wilson Central/Franklin Co

Aug 6 Gallatin/CPA, Lebanon/Smyrna, Wilson Central/Stewart’s Creek

Aug 9 Gallatin/Shelbyville, Mt Juliet/Clarksville, Beech/Smyrna, Hendersonville/Rhea Co, Station Camp/LaVergne, Wilson Central/McGavock

Aug 12 Beech/Dickson Co, Hendersonville/Stewart’s Creek

Aug 13 Lebanon/Hillwood, Station Camp/Lincoln Co

Aug 16 Gallatin/Oakland, Station Camp/Trousdale Co, Wilson Central/Shelbyville

Aug 17 Beech/Mt Juliet

44 minutes ago, MtJulietVol said:

Agreed! I do not know much about the team this year but they have performed well in 7 on 7 this Summer. We will see how they look with the pads on. From what I have heard, the quarterback position should be pretty solid. Boy named Messenger is going to start and from what I hear he has the best arm of any QB they have had recently. Less mobile, though. Will be interesting to see if they ease some more Gun into the offense this fall. It showed some promise when they went to it last season.

Other than the QB, Bowen is back and will be hard for anyone in the region to defend. I’m not certain who the primary ball carrier will be but I’m assuming it is the young man that had the knee injury late in the year at Rossview. He was having a mighty fine season until the injury.

Just three more weeks till we are back at it, gentleman! 

Interesting, I’m not sure who the injured player was by name. That’s promising to hear though. However hearing that we have a pass first QB in a primarily run first offense worries me a bit. The lines are supposed to be stacked, so their should be plenty of holes. It shouldn’t be hard to beat the offensive production from last year, it was quite inept at times. Only time will tell.

18 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Interesting, I’m not sure who the injured player was by name. That’s promising to hear though. However hearing that we have a pass first QB in a primarily run first offense worries me a bit. The lines are supposed to be stacked, so their should be plenty of holes. It shouldn’t be hard to beat the offensive production from last year, it was quite inept at times. Only time will tell.

Beauty of the Wing-T, you can mold to whatever personnel you have. Roger Perry made a career out of that. You can have mediocre to average offense when your tough in the trenches and on defense 

Edited by MidTennFootball

6 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Know who (if anybody) else will be there?

https://www.lebanondemocrat.com/article/sports/football/2019/07/27/high-stepping-toward-a-new-season/

According to this article from the Democrat just those two schools. I’m guessing maybe two quarters of freshmen, two quarters of JV, and two quarters of varsity. 

41 minutes ago, firstandgoal said:

https://www.lebanondemocrat.com/article/sports/football/2019/07/27/high-stepping-toward-a-new-season/

According to this article from the Democrat just those two schools. I’m guessing maybe two quarters of freshmen, two quarters of JV, and two quarters of varsity. 

How did they do in their 3 way the other night?