Sumner and Wilson Co scrimmages

GWAVE1

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

Hey GWave, is the MJ/Clarksville scrimmage at MJ or at Clarksville on the 9th?

@Clarksville high... anybody feel free to go and give their input after the game. I’m pretty skeptical as of now due to the amount of  key starters we lost from last season. Although Coach TP and his great staff usually reloads pretty well.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

47 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

@Clarksville high... anybody feel free to go and give their input after the game. I’m pretty skeptical as of now due to the amount of  key starters we lost from last season. Although Coach TP and his great staff usually reloads pretty well.

Thanks for the info. Do you know what time it starts? Springfield has a scrimmage at East Nashville but I may not go to it and this one looked interesting. 

3 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

How did y’all do against CPA?  They come up here on Tuesday.  

A little rough, they won score wise but I didn’t keep track of the score. They throw it well with the first string. We played a lot of guys, as did CPA. They’re a good football team, maybe the best we see all year. I never put a lot of stock in scrimmage outcomes, though, because they’re more of a teaching experience for the boys. Last year for example, East Nashville killed us but we still made the semis at the end of the year. Good luck to you guys, I think Watson will do good things up there. Hate that our series ended too. 

9 hours ago, JacketLover said:

A little rough, they won score wise but I didn’t keep track of the score. They throw it well with the first string. We played a lot of guys, as did CPA. They’re a good football team, maybe the best we see all year. I never put a lot of stock in scrimmage outcomes, though, because they’re more of a teaching experience for the boys. Last year for example, East Nashville killed us but we still made the semis at the end of the year. Good luck to you guys, I think Watson will do good things up there. Hate that our series ended too. 

I agree at this point, you just need good work and no injuries.  I know CPA lost a ton of good players but should have plenty to step up.  I think Gallatin needs a good hard test and definitely some time for the backups to get quality reps.  I am sure one day Springfield will be back on the schedule.  Way too much history between these two schools.  Really like what Watson has done so far and I don’t think the competition will like it though.  Lol!!!

On 8/4/2019 at 7:31 AM, GWAVE1 said:

How did they do in their 3 way the other night?  

They looked really good GWAVE1.. their junior RB couldn’t be tackled and their first team defense gave up negative yards on the day to both cookeville and east Hamilton. Not sure what to make of them based on the level of competition, but I was impressed nonetheless. Looked improved from last year for sure 

1 hour ago, VU365 said:

They looked really good GWAVE1.. their junior RB couldn’t be tackled and their first team defense gave up negative yards on the day to both cookeville and east Hamilton. Not sure what to make of them based on the level of competition, but I was impressed nonetheless. Looked improved from last year for sure 

I was talking to a guy at our scrimmage that said the running back would be very good this year.   Glad to see Lebanon back on track.  Always thought that would be a place for a young coach to go and make a name.  Gentry seems to fit the bill.  Holding teams to negative yardage is a huge feat even if it’s just a scrimmage.  

58 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I was talking to a guy at our scrimmage that said the running back would be very good this year.   Glad to see Lebanon back on track.  Always thought that would be a place for a young coach to go and make a name.  Gentry seems to fit the bill.  Holding teams to negative yardage is a huge feat even if it’s just a scrimmage.  

Looks like Gallatin doesn't have anything cupcake left on the plate for a while. Got CPA, a good Shelbyville team & ofcourse 6a champ Oakland. & looks like Lebanon could definitely pose a big threat week 1. 

12 minutes ago, VU365 said:

Glad to see that old rivalry renewed week 1. Should be a decent ballgame! Three way race for that Lebanon region this year between them, Mt Juliet, and Hendersonville in my opinion. 

Lol three way race as in Mount Juliet is on the same playing field as those teams? Lebanon that hasn’t beat us in 10 years?