Sumner and Wilson Co scrimmages

GWAVE1

5 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

When did I say there is no improvement at Lebanon? I stand by my comment, that game was definitely fluked. Bad luck but what does it matter a win is a win. 10 years in a row vs WC and Lebanon. Anyways TP somehow has the boys in the mix again for a region title like you said, even after losing most of our playmakers from last season. It’s just simply a reload not a rebuild. That’s what great coaching staffs do with the talent they have. MANY COACHES SHOULD TAKE LESSONS ON THAT.

We can definitely agree on this part, TP is the best coach in the region. Had a state title caliber team last year. But I do love it that lebanon is getting competitive nowadays. Will make the games more fun to watch for people like me with no dog in the hunt 

On 8/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, firstandgoal said:

Thanks for this report VU365. Will you be going to the scrimmage at Smyrna on Tuesday? Would love to read your thoughts on that one as well. 

Ended up heading over there today. Was a very fun scrimmage. Two very Hard hitting teams and both of them were hyped up. Each team intercepted the other once a piece. Lebanon also forced a fumble and recovered it. Smyrna passing game had a group of decent plays for first downs and one score. They couldn’t move the ball consistently on the ground outside of 1 or 2 runs. Exact opposite for Lebanon. They worked a lot on passing the ball and weren’t very successful outside of about 3-4 long completions. The RB was once again hardly stoppable. He must be gang tackled to get taken down. Only had about 6 carries all day and over 100yds. Final play of the scrimmage was about a 60 yard run by him for a TD. Pretty even scrimmage but it felt like if lebanon wanted to line up and run 6 every play they could have had their way. Also felt like Smyrna could have thrown the ball around all night until the lebanon INT. Smyrna was definitely the bigger team in the trenches with two Lineman around 6’4/6’5 300+lbs and the rest very big kids as well. But Lebanon looked really good in the trenches despite that. Seems like Lebanon’s strength program and weightlifting program is leaps and bounds above what it was before Chuck and his staff showed up. Kids are stronger than typical lebanon players. They don’t miss the Georgia freshman DLineman on defense at all. Both teams I saw looked like solid squads who will have good seasons!!

7 hours ago, VU365 said:

Well I’m not a pro-lebanon supporter so that argument is invalid. Anyone who follows that region knows it was a genuinely close game. 14-10 and if it wasn’t for Marcelo Walton taking over then it would have been a loss. Lebanon’s defense was impressive. MJ’s was even more impressive. Calling that game a fluke game is the same as an Oakland fan calling the playoff game with MJ a fluke and saying they would have blown you out 9 times out of 10. I have a lot more ties to coach Perry and MJ than I do Lebanon. But I have to respect where they are as a program vs how bad they used to be. 8-2 regular season last year and right back in the hunt this year for that region. Same with MJ who lost a lot and is right back in the hunt for a region title. If you can’t see the improvement in Lebanon from when that new staff started then I don’t know what to tell you. 

I can't wait for the blue devils to play MJ should be a good one. I love when the BDP are at home they have the best hot dogs in the state can't wait for an old devil dog. Looks like another good year for the blue and white. It's only a few weeks away.

1 hour ago, VU365 said:

Ended up heading over there today. Was a very fun scrimmage. Two very Hard hitting teams and both of them were hyped up. Each team intercepted the other once a piece. Lebanon also forced a fumble and recovered it. Smyrna passing game had a group of decent plays for first downs and one score. They couldn’t move the ball consistently on the ground outside of 1 or 2 runs. Exact opposite for Lebanon. They worked a lot on passing the ball and weren’t very successful outside of about 3-4 long completions. The RB was once again hardly stoppable. He must be gang tackled to get taken down. Only had about 6 carries all day and over 100yds. Final play of the scrimmage was about a 60 yard run by him for a TD. Pretty even scrimmage but it felt like if lebanon wanted to line up and run 6 every play they could have had their way. Also felt like Smyrna could have thrown the ball around all night until the lebanon INT. Smyrna was definitely the bigger team in the trenches with two Lineman around 6’4/6’5 300+lbs and the rest very big kids as well. But Lebanon looked really good in the trenches despite that. Seems like Lebanon’s strength program and weightlifting program is leaps and bounds above what it was before Chuck and his staff showed up. Kids are stronger than typical lebanon players. They don’t miss the Georgia freshman DLineman on defense at all. Both teams I saw looked like solid squads who will have good seasons!!

Nice report, thank you. Encouraging to hear that Lebanon held their own along the lines despite being outsized. And I agree the offense will run through Dequantay Shannon this year. Kid is a JR but has seen heavy varsity action back to his freshman year. 

10 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Anybody seen Station Camp scrimmage? How do they look? What about Hendersonville? Mondo where are you?

Hendersonville is very physical this year and they have a handful of skill players that can run the ball and play DB on defense and all of them are solid. They’re a team that can upset some good squads and play good teams close. I expect them to finish anywhere from 1 to 3 in that region this year depending on their head to head matchups with MJ and Lebanon. Station camp is more of the same. Have one or two good athletes but they’re bad in the trenches and along the lines. They could be improved from last year, but not enough to make a huge difference on their season. Not the same program it was years ago unfortunately 

10 hours ago, firstandgoal said:

Nice report, thank you. Encouraging to hear that Lebanon held their own along the lines despite being outsized. And I agree the offense will run through Dequantay Shannon this year. Kid is a JR but has seen heavy varsity action back to his freshman year. 

I believe so as well. Got to watch him some last year as a sophomore against station camp and was blown away. But even more encouraging, he is better this year by leaps and bounds. Much faster too end than he was last season and harder to bring down 1 on 1. I think y’all will really enjoy watching him this season over in Lebanon. Enjoy it! Also you have two under the radar defensive kids that you should enjoy before it’s too late in LB #5 Davila and Nose Guard #53 Gregory. Those two will be playing on Saturdays somewhere. More talent on your team than I’ve seen in years based on the past couple scrimmages 

3 minutes ago, VU365 said:

I believe so as well. Got to watch him some last year as a sophomore against station camp and was blown away. But even more encouraging, he is better this year by leaps and bounds. Much faster too end than he was last season and harder to bring down 1 on 1. I think y’all will really enjoy watching him this season over in Lebanon. Enjoy it! Also you have two under the radar defensive kids that you should enjoy before it’s too late in LB #5 Davila and Nose Guard #53 Gregory. Those two will be playing on Saturdays somewhere. More talent on your team than I’ve seen in years based on the past couple scrimmages 

Funny how that happens when you got a coaching staff that knows what they're doing

12 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Funny how that happens when you got a coaching staff that knows what they're doing

Absolutely. From a distance I’ve always wondered why such a big school was so bad with all the talent pool they had to choose from. I know some of their middle school feeder teams had success and the kids would get to HS and never improve. Happy for the kids in Lebanon that they have a chance to compete and improve nowadays. They play strong