Sumner and Wilson Co scrimmages

GWAVE1

15 hours ago, eers said:

Scrimmages... I assure you play calling and personnel weren’t what they would be in a game situation and I don’t think either coach cares, just fans that want to thump their chest. 

Frosh - MJ scored on 2s

JV - let them all play 

Varsity - do you really think Crabtree would have went for it that deep, taking the chance to give up a last second FG. Come on man. 

He loves beating Mount Juliet, but surely the Mount Juliet staff could have the same argument if it’s “just a scrimmage”. A win is a win, but I will agree I don’t have a clue how good either team is or will be.

49 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

He loves beating Mount Juliet, but surely the Mount Juliet staff could have the same argument if it’s “just a scrimmage”. A win is a win, but I will agree I don’t have a clue how good either team is or will be.

Neither team wanted to lose, but I don’t think either coach was willing to put it all on the line to win. I believe both teams got to see what they wanted. 

I anticipate both teams will have pretty good seasons. 

11 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Springfield  27  Wilson Central 24

Station Camp 21  White House 14

MJ 38  Stewart's Creek 10

Oakland 38 Hendersonville 20

Beech 31 Jackson NS 7

I had terrible picks this week. Went 3-3 with my picks.

Wilson Central beats up on Springfield 37-7

White House beats Station Camp 13-7

Stewarts Creek pulled off a huge Upset over MJ 19-14

Oakland beat up on Hendersonville worse than I thought it wad going to be. 59-0

Beech beats Jackson Northside 34-20

Gallatin beats Lebanon 28-7

Week 1 in the books.

Overall the teams discussed on this thread are down this year.  Beech is better, Gallatin is a lot better, not convinced about WC yet because Springfield is way down.  MJ, Hville, Lebanon, and SC are not as good as last year.  MJ lost 9 starters on D, a lot of playmakers on O and it showed tonight.  Hville lost almost everybody up front on both sides of the ball and it showed tonight.  SC returned only 5 starters and it showed tonight.  Lebanon lost Crite, Ligon, and others and it showed tonight.  Hats off to Gallatin, Beech, and WC on their wins tonight. 

Let me say this about Lebanon after watching them tonight : That football team is still very legit, and could possibly still threat to win their region. That 28-7 final against Gallatin doesn't dictate how close they played my Green Wave. They have good size, and that defense is still VERY GOOD. They got gassed in the 4th qtr tonight, and Gallatin came up with a huge 4th down stop in their red zone in the 3rd qtr. Lebanon didn't fall like people are perceiving. In fact, I'd say the Offense is better than last year. I believe they controlled T.O.P most of the game, and they proved they CAN pass the ball with Copas at qb. He's a talented player. Watch out for Blue Devils, fair warning.

Gallatin and Coach Watson both start their new era of Green Wave Football 1-0 against good competition.

Edited by thegreatone36

18 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Let me say this about Lebanon after watching them tonight : That football team is still very legit, and could possibly still threat to win their region. That 28-7 final against Gallatin doesn't dictate how close they played my Green Wave. They have good size, and that defense is still VERY GOOD. They got gassed in the 4th qtr tonight, and Gallatin came up with a huge 4th down stop in their red zone in the 3rd qtr. Lebanon didn't fall like people are perceiving. In fact, I'd say the Offense is better than last year. I believe they controlled T.O.P most of the game, and they proved they CAN pass the ball with Copas at qb. He's a talented player. Watch out for Blue Devils, fair warning.

Gallatin and Coach Watson both start their new era of Green Wave Football 1-0 against good competition.

I seen the numbers after the game Lebanon had 282 yards and Gallatin had 280. Lebanon had 15 1st downs and Gallatin had 14. Both teams had 1 turnover. The time of possession was nearly the same. But the score was 28-7.

Lebanon made some dumb mistakes that cost them scores. I believe there is one change roster wise they could have made tonight that may have made a big difference in the ball game. It may be done going into next week when they look at the film. But that is often the difference at the end of the day. I felt like both teams were evenly matched on the field but Gallatin played a smarter better football game.

They got good play from the Quarterback position but he is still a big step back from Crite. And the fact is that without him they didn't have much on offense last year. I don't think Lebanon is gonna do much if Copas is gonna be running the ball 20 times a game. His strength is as a passer.

33 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I seen the numbers after the game Lebanon had 282 yards and Gallatin had 280. Lebanon had 15 1st downs and Gallatin had 14. Both teams had 1 turnover. The time of possession was nearly the same. But the score was 28-7.

Lebanon made some dumb mistakes that cost them scores. I believe there is one change roster wise they could have made tonight that may have made a big difference in the ball game. It may be done going into next week when they look at the film. But that is often the difference at the end of the day. I felt like both teams were evenly matched on the field but Gallatin played a smarter better football game.

They got good play from the Quarterback position but he is still a big step back from Crite. And the fact is that without him they didn't have much on offense last year. I don't think Lebanon is gonna do much if Copas is gonna be running the ball 20 times a game. His strength is as a passer.

Lebanon had NO passing game last year, they were able to complete some passes tonight. Offense looked good at times. I like the QB play.

Now lets not get it TOO twisted; When Gallatin was up 14-0, Lebanon got away with a late hit out of bounds penalty on Gallatin when GHS had just dropped LHS for a 5 yard loss on 3rd down. Would've made it 4th & 14. Instead it was a 15 yard 1st down for LHS in redzone, in which they were able to score 2 plays later. It was a very tick tack call, the Gallatin players started contact way in bounds amd the Lebanon player fell off way out of bounds on his own. Take that call away, it's Gallatin ball up 14-0 with 7 minutes left 3rd qtr.

30 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Lebanon had NO passing game last year, they were able to complete some passes tonight. Offense looked good at times. I like the QB play.

Now lets not get it TOO twisted; When Gallatin was up 14-0, Lebanon got away with a late hit out of bounds penalty on Gallatin when GHS had just dropped LHS for a 5 yard loss on 3rd down. Would've made it 4th & 14. Instead it was a 15 yard 1st down for LHS in redzone, in which they were able to score 2 plays later. It was a very tick tack call, the Gallatin players started contact way in bounds amd the Lebanon player fell off way out of bounds on his own. Take that call away, it's Gallatin ball up 14-0 with 7 minutes left 3rd qtr.

What did they have tonight 70 passing yards? Which is pretty much what they averaged last year. 

Chandler Crite was Region MVP last year he must have done something right.

6 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

Region 4 in 6A might be the weakest 6A region in the state. Went 1-5 last night.  Only 2 teams in that region will win 6 games, Mt Juliet and Lebanon.

I don’t think you can realistically say that when Hendersonville played possibly the best team in the state last night.  I bet Hendersonville has a solid year.  Wilson Central might be a surprise team too.