Sumner and Wilson Co scrimmages

GWAVE1

Looking forward to my first trip to Pulaski for Hville and Giles Co.  Eat at our favorite restaurant in Franklin and then head to Giles County.  Good week of practice for the Commandos, need to eliminate the big mistakes and lets play physical football against a very good Giles Co. team. 

12 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

^^^ Hilarious. MJ gonna dominate Wilson Central here very soon. By the near end of regular season you will be off these boards like you normally do. Congrats on the win, dont get me wrong but I think you hate MJ more than you like WC lol.

The funny thing is they might go 4-0 before they play us, all while playing 4 bad to really bad teams.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

11 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

^^^ Hilarious. MJ gonna dominate Wilson Central here very soon. By the near end of regular season you will be off these boards like you normally do. Congrats on the win, dont get me wrong but I think you hate MJ more than you like WC lol.

5 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

The funny thing is they might go 4-0 before they play us, all while playing some of the 4 bad to really bad teams.

They have a really favorable schedule and some teams are down as well. I think they will make the playoffs because Station Camp is Station Camp and Rossview looks like they are down this year.

I think they can win 5-6 games with that schedule and get the 4th seed in the playoffs.

Tell them what they won!!!!

A 1st round trip to OAKLAND!!!!

Just now, steelcityroller said:

They have a really favorable schedule and some teams are down as well. I think they will make the playoffs because Station Camp is Station Camp and Rossview looks like they are down this year.

I think they can win 5-6 games with that schedule and get the 4th seed in the playoffs.

Tell them what they won!!!!

A 1st round trip to OAKLAND!!!!

I hope they do make the playoffs as a 4th seed. If they want to look into the future, look what happened to Hendersonville & Kenwood

2 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I hope they do make the playoffs as a 4th seed. If they want to look into the future, look what happened to Hendersonville & Kenwood

I'm confident it will happen.

They are already 2-0 and have remaining games against Station Camp, Antioch and Lavergne which look like they should win those games based on what we've seen through 2 games.

The game against Rossview next week will likely be to determine the 4th seed.

5 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I'm confident it will happen.

They are already 2-0 and have remaining games against Station Camp, Antioch and Lavergne which look like they should win those games based on what we've seen through 2 games.

The game against Rossview next week will likely be to determine the 4th seed.

Yup believe me I've already brought it up. Weak schedule rarely benefits teams. It worked for MJ last year because they had talent to go toe to toe with the big boys, WC doesnt

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Yup believe me I've already brought it up. Weak schedule rarely benefits teams. It worked for MJ last year because they had talent to go toe to toe with the big boys, WC doesnt

It doesn’t benefit winning programs.

When you haven’t been relevant in years and lose game after game, playing a hard schedule just isn’t smart either. In that situation you have to get some wins and try to change the culture.

***Note - All 2-0 teams are not created equal. All 2-0 teams are not better than those with lesser records. 

57 minutes ago, eers said:

It doesn’t benefit winning programs.

When you haven’t been relevant in years and lose game after game, playing a hard schedule just isn’t smart either. In that situation you have to get some wins and try to change the culture.

***Note - All 2-0 teams are not created equal. All 2-0 teams are not better than those with lesser records. 

No doubt.

Cane Ridge is 0-2. They lost to Pearl and Brentwood. They might finish 8-2.

Blackman is 0-2. They lost to Alcoa and Ravenwood. Oakland might be the only loss left on their schedule.

Obviously Oakland and Pearl Cohn have started off with big wins and look really good.

But I will give Stewarts Creek as somebody to compare to Wilson Central. Nobody expected that much from Stewarts Creek going into the season. But two weeks in and they have beaten Mt. Juliet and beat Antioch 69-6. Those are both good wins for that program that have exceeded expectations.

Wilson Central has beaten Springfield and Overton. So far the game against Springfield looks like a good win. We will see as the season plays out. But they have beaten Overton last 4 years. So a one-point win over them doesn't really mean anything.