Sumner and Wilson Co scrimmages

GWAVE1

2 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

No doubt.

Cane Ridge is 0-2. They lost to Pearl and Brentwood. They might finish 8-2.

Blackman is 0-2. They lost to Alcoa and Ravenwood. Oakland might be the only loss left on their schedule.

Obviously Oakland and Pearl Cohn have started off with big wins and look really good.

But I will give Stewarts Creek as somebody to compare to Wilson Central. Nobody expected that much from Stewarts Creek going into the season. But two weeks in and they have beaten Mt. Juliet and beat Antioch 69-6. Those are both good wins for that program that have exceeded expectations.

Wilson Central has beaten Springfield and Overton. So far the game against Springfield looks like a good win. We will see as the season plays out. But they have beaten Overton last 4 years. So a one-point win over them doesn't really mean anything.

Agree.  Just saying some teams need to schedule the easy wins... lol

I’ll add another pretty good 0-2 team in Henry County. Losses to Haywood (#1-4A) and Beech (#2-5A). Those teams playing tough competition early will be better for it. Other need to weak schedule for a little confidence building. 

On 8/31/2019 at 11:46 AM, eers said:

It doesn’t benefit winning programs.

When you haven’t been relevant in years and lose game after game, playing a hard schedule just isn’t smart either. In that situation you have to get some wins and try to change the culture.

***Note - All 2-0 teams are not created equal. All 2-0 teams are not better than those with lesser records. 

Absolutely. If your a struggling program, you schedule to try to accumulate as many wins as possible to build confidence. Where I take issue is playoff caliber teams avoiding competition like we're still on the Z Plan. If playoffs is a realistic expectation for your program and it fails to get you ready for league play and/or the playoffs, then it was a bad schedule

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Absolutely. If your a struggling program, you schedule to try to accumulate as many wins as possible to build confidence. Where I take issue is playoff caliber teams avoiding competition like we're still on the Z Plan. If playoffs is a realistic expectation for your program and it fails to get you ready for league play and/or the playoffs, then it was a bad schedule

100% agree. Good teams that have playoff expectations should put teams on their schedule that are also playoff caliber teams. 

9 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

GALLATIN VS HILLSBORO - Away game but being played at Gallatin stadium. Will be wearing our whites. 

MOUNT JULIET-21 LEBANON-14

BEECH-However many they want to GLENCLIFF-0

HENDERSONVILLE-35 STATION CAMP-7

WILSON CENTRAL-31 ROSSVIEW-28 in OT.

No prediction on the wave??

Hillsboro by a couple scores. Gallatin is better, but still not there. 

Beech big. Starters won’t play much tonight. Good break to get some people healthy. 

Hendersonville may win bigger. Will it be a competition to see if they can score more than 50?

i too will go with WC, but I don’t think it goes to OT. 

7 hours ago, eers said:

No prediction on the wave??

Hillsboro by a couple scores. Gallatin is better, but still not there. 

Beech big. Starters won’t play much tonight. Good break to get some people healthy. 

Hendersonville may win bigger. Will it be a competition to see if they can score more than 50?

i too will go with WC, but I don’t think it goes to OT. 

Running clock 3rd qtr