Grundy Co Probation

mjuhb

5 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

So they basically took two players from other school so they could meet josh Dobbs and that's recuiting?

So meeting all the Grundy players, a tour of the facilities, and dawning Grundy jerseys aint enough for you? 

Because I could swear that's exactly what college coaches.do with high school kids they're recruiting

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Justmy2cents said:

Yes KARMA

Karma was when the trailer park of a trash coach who cried wolf,  didn’t get tenure.

This is just gasoline for the dumpster fire.  

I personally find find it laughable..... considering the circumstances.....

Seriously  who  would want to attend  my alma mater, GC over SC ?!?!!    Seq has an indoor practice facility,  Seq has been to the playoffs in a tough region for years.... Sequatchie offers more academically  and athletically..........

That being said , I hope Grundy County is successful going forth..........   however Grundy won’t be successful until the school board decides they’re all representing the name on the front of the jersey and not the name on the back.

Edited by ImaSavage

3 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

You know as well as I do as soon as a player contacts admissions at a private the reigns are removed and they can recruit that player as aggressively as they see fit for as long as they see fit. Don’t work that way in public school when a kid makes contact. I wish they’d do away with the recruiting rules all together. Schools that allow students from out of their zone to compete in athletics would fall under a 2x multiplier. That might appease the public-private and open zone folks

Oh no can’t have a multiplier. Everyone has to get a trophy. Open enrollment schools have always been the problem. All privates are gone and it will still be the same schools on the playoffs. Shake that bush

What kills me is Schools like Watertown can do this or Cookville. It's not fair to other teams who actually use kids from there area but have to face off against team's who can load up all because there's no Zone restrictions.  IT'S BS!!!!!!  All Schools should be zoned if there not A PRIVATE school.  I like the coach at Grundy. He, loves the kids. 

19 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

If a private school would have been caught doing that, you would be screaming for their head to be put on that Childress man's silver platter!

If you ask me it depends on the area and please don't go into the public private thing like privates don't to. I have a family member who is 16 driving his first car from a booster so him and his brother can make it back and forth to school.

Edited by FBfan26

14 hours ago, ImaSavage said:

Karma was when the trailer park of a trash coach who cried wolf,  didn’t get tenure.

This is just gasoline for the dumpster fire.  

I personally find find it laughable..... considering the circumstances.....

Seriously  who  would want to attend  my alma mater, GC over SC ?!?!!    Seq has an indoor practice facility,  Seq has been to the playoffs in a tough region for years.... Sequatchie offers more academically  and athletically..........

That being said , I hope Grundy County is successful going forth..........   however Grundy won’t be successful until the school board decides they’re all representing the name on the front of the jersey and not the name on the back.

Hold on so this is getting deep. Whats the back story

18 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

You know as well as I do as soon as a player contacts admissions at a private the reigns are removed and they can recruit that player as aggressively as they see fit for as long as they see fit. Don’t work that way in public school when a kid makes contact. I wish they’d do away with the recruiting rules all together. Schools that allow students from out of their zone to compete in athletics would fall under a 2x multiplier. That might appease the public-private and open zone folks

Wouldn't that kill 3a and 4a football? 

12 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Hold on so this is getting deep. Whats the back story

Nothing to do with anyone on current staff....  Coach Meeks and Coach Hayworth are outstanding guys, I doubt  their intentions were to recruit and if I’m wrong Id be seriously surprised......but honestly anyone who understands Grundy county at its core  would be foolish to blame them if it were....

GC is probably one of the worst places in the south to grow up from an opportunities standpoint.  There is I believe 1 doctor in the whole county... no hospital, no Walmart, very little industrial work,  it’s as poverty stricken place as any of the worst places in rural Appalachia and of course  small town politics  rules the roost...  

This is a 3a school and yearly only suits 30-40 kids.....  it has no middle school,  several k-8  schools , and a religious following to their elementary basketball program. The geographical  uniqueness of the area doesn’t help the situation any as some kids have to travel 30-40 minutes to the high school.

The hurdles a coach at Grundy county has to overcome are enormous for the sole fact that a they have more kids who are focused merely on surviving then the entire valley combined.....

maslow-hierachy-of-needs-min.jpg

The reality of life is , it’s hard to do much in life when you’re thinking about where your next meal comes from.......

All that aside , they have enough athletes to be competitive in the valley yearly they just need to 1. Get out of their own way and 2. Use their unique environment to their advantage!

Edited by ImaSavage
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Well thats not happening anymore.Them days are over with and out of tssaa hands.

Then let all schools pull from wherever. And those that do will play those that do (or schools w double their enrollment)and those that don’t wont. It’s it a hard concept to grasp. It won’t happen but it’d fix the “recruiting”. 

9 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

Then let all schools pull from wherever. And those that do will play those that do (or schools w double their enrollment)and those that don’t wont. It’s it a hard concept to grasp. It won’t happen but it’d fix the “recruiting”. 

Your a county school guy I can dig it. From that point of view I can see what your saying. Teams like that basically have no chance of going deep but some break off and do. I remember playing Smith county all them years and I use to chat with a few of the coaches after the game. The really didn't care about the pulling kids thing. The hated that teams like us had so much speed and there no why they  could simulate something like that without driving 80+ miles a year.