Warren Co. Head Coach Resigns

PIONEERS12

I'm not sure of really any options that could just step in. Not even sure who all has applied. But at this point in the year timing will be a key element because coaches currently coaching are doubtful to leave. Whitlock I hear isn't interested in head coaching but will help be an assistant. You would think that they will try to pry away David Martin if the can pull him back home but evidently he is sitting on a young crop of talent with a couple of talented move ins. With every starter returning this year from an expected rebuild year last year i'd say it would be hard for him to leave. But he does have family on the team and i know he eventually wants to come back home. Phillip King I would think would be another name to watch but not sure of his situation since he stepped down from Tullahoma. He is an established experienced head coach who is also a hometown guy. This would be another good hire if he is interested. Or maybe there is another out of town guy im not thinking of they could bring in. Nonetheless, it could be an interesting situation to monitor.

Competitor - you are spot on. Coach King needs to clean house from the toxic atmosphere that was created the past two years, especially one assistant that was forced on a previous coach by the former principal. There was a family atmosphere after Coach Childs resurrected the program from the ash heap and kids played hard to the last out evidenced by the many come from behind wins. Good luck to Coach King and here is hoping he can recreate that winning family program.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Warren Co boys advance to region play, ryland and wyatt both hit homers in the win against Stone. If our boys can get some pitching I think we have a shot to pick up a region win. Great job by our staff this season and it's not over yet. Proud of you guys and the class you show!!!

• Upvote 1