Greeneville vs Fulton Scrimmage

Greendevil87

Very good scrimmage today at Carson Newman. I was glad the two teams were able to get it in with so much weather in the area. The Greeneville starter's looked pretty good they were up 21-0 when they started subbing. Pretty impressive especially considering will Albright ,Nick izzi ,and Mason gudger did not dress out for the scrimmage. I was pleasantly surprised that Greeneville was able to get so much playing time for the freshman today. I didn't expect them to get that much. They actually played more snaps than the upper classman. Good start to the season. Fulton has some nice size up front and some quickness as well . Looked like their numbers overall might be down a little this year. Didn't seem like they had as many player's on the sidelines as usual. I appreciate them keeping the Carson Newman scrimmage going with us now for the last 3 year's. Greeneville has great scrimmage partners this year in Fulton , dobbins Bennett and Farragut. Good luck this season Fulton falcon's thanks for scrimmaging

31 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

Very good scrimmage today at Carson Newman. I was glad the two teams were able to get it in with so much weather in the area. The Greeneville starter's looked pretty good they were up 21-0 when they started subbing. Pretty impressive especially considering will Albright ,Nick izzi ,and Mason gudger did not dress out for the scrimmage. I was pleasantly surprised that Greeneville was able to get so much playing time for the freshman today. I didn't expect them to get that much. They actually played more snaps than the upper classman. Good start to the season. Fulton has some nice size up front and some quickness as well . Looked like their numbers overall might be down a little this year. Didn't seem like they had as many player's on the sidelines as usual. I appreciate them keeping the Carson Newman scrimmage going with us now for the last 3 year's. Greeneville has great scrimmage partners this year in Fulton , dobbins Bennett and Farragut. Good luck this season Fulton falcon's thanks for scrimmaging

THE DRIVE FOR 5 HAS BEGUN! 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, festus said:

Greneville will win it all aginn this yaer them dern yahoos down in Andersun Cownty done a sayin' theys gunna beet Greneville this yaer in the playofs HAWGWARSH.

pinterest-festus-haggen-ken-curtis.jpg

I guess they are still having those Greene Mondays again. Watching Film on the Deviks all hear last year didnt help. Doubt it will this year

40 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

The COWS are down! Just wait till Fulton Smacks them in the mouth with their scrimmage

We lost a lot of good players last year. Even saying that Greeneville had some really Great players that are gone too. They got the jump on us last year and we never recovered. Held our own the second half but got to hand it to Greeneville they had a great team and a great game plan. If Powell is anywhere going to compete with Greeneville they will have to be ready as if Greeneville get the jump early the game is over quickly Not sure Powell is even on the same level of Greeneville. Maybe I am wrong. But I would not bank on it. 

From 5starpreps

Fulton-vs.-Greeneville-2019-23-Danny-Par

Greeneville’s Jaden Stevenson hauls in a pass during a preseason scrimmage on Roy Harmon Field on the campus of Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee, on Friday, Aug. 2, 2019. (Photo by Danny Parker)

By Mike Blackerby

JEFFERSON CITY – Greeneville has a new coach and graduated its two-time Mr. Football quarterback and star receiver – among others.

Despite the major departures for the twice-defending Class 4A state champions, it looked like the same old Greeneville Friday as the Greene Devils squared off against Fulton in a preseason scrimmage at Carson-Newman.

The Greeneville perspective

For those counting on Greeneville to take a major step backwards this season, guess again.

The Greene Devils, who will take a 30-game winning streak into their season opener at Powell, outscored Fulton three touchdowns to none in the matchup of first teams.

Fulton-vs.-Greeneville-2019-33-Danny-Par

The Fulton Falcons faced Drew Gregg and the Greeneville Greene Devils in a preseason scrimmage on Roy Harmon Field on the campus of Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee, on Friday, Aug. 2, 2019. (Photo by Danny Parker)

Junior Drew Gregg (6-2, 175), a transfer from Catholic, looked sharp as he has the unenviable task of following Cade Ballard (Army) at quarterback.

Gregg was 4 of 6 for 84 yards through the air with a touchdown. He also ran nine times for 37 yards and scored on a 20-yard option keeper.

“We knew Drew could throw the ball, but he had a little shiftiness to his running – that’s what we wanted to see,” said Dan Hammonds, who takes over for Caine Ballard as coach of the Greene Devils.

Gregg got his team on the scoreboard first when he hooked up with sophomore receiver Jaden Stevenson on a 70-yard touchdown pass down the Greeneville sidelines.

Stevenson later scored on an almost identical play, this time on a 64-yard pass from No. 2 quarterback Blayne Ferguson.

Stevenson, who was seventh in the state long jump as a freshman, showed great athletic ability on both receptions.

He could be the answer as Greeneville attempts to replace standout receiver Dorian Goddard, who is now playing college football at Virginia.

“Jaden’s explosive and he’s still young,” said Hammonds.

“He had two big plays today. He’s explosive and that’s what we want to see from him.”

Furman commit Ty Youngblood ran for 31 yards on six carries in limited action.

Greeneville’s first-team defensive front, led by 305-pound Chris Everhart and 280-pound A.J. Greenway, controlled Fulton’s running game.

“We’ve got two senior tackles and three seniors up front,” explained Hammonds.

“That’s what we expect out of them. We did a good job flying around the ball.”

43 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

We lost a lot of good players last year. Even saying that Greeneville had some really Great players that are gone too. They got the jump on us last year and we never recovered. Held our own the second half but got to hand it to Greeneville they had a great team and a great game plan. If Powell is anywhere going to compete with Greeneville they will have to be ready as if Greeneville get the jump early the game is over quickly Not sure Powell is even on the same level of Greeneville. Maybe I am wrong. But I would not bank on it. 

Like I said we have D1 kids moving up. The kids on this team are going to be great. We are LOADED @ Skill postions. This will be another gold ball year

10 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Like I said we have D1 kids moving up. The kids on this team are going to be great. We are LOADED @ Skill postions. This will be another gold ball year

Sounds good. You do have an excellent recruiteing staff as well. Got one from Catholic too. Yeah definitely a big hill for many to climb this year when they play Greeneville.