Mcewen Vs Waverly Battle of Highway 70

Orangecountry

Lol man I been going back reading everything and man do I have a lot of crow to eat from a couple of games last night. I watched the warm ups and I was like there is absolutely no way waverly is going to Lose. But my hats off to the Warriors. How many seniors do yall have on the team @Orangecountry? Waverly has got some really good ball players that’s going to be around 2 to 3 yrs. I see us being really good next yr and the yr after.

7 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Lol man I been going back reading everything and man do I have a lot of crow to eat from a couple of games last night. I watched the warm ups and I was like there is absolutely no way waverly is going to Lose. But my hats off to the Warriors. How many seniors do yall have on the team @Orangecountry? Waverly has got some really good ball players that’s going to be around 2 to 3 yrs. I see us being really good next yr and the yr after.

Mcewen loses 8 starters. They return all but one lineman and All but one linebacker

10 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

So you thinking y’all will be pretty good next yr?

I think our oline will make holes all day for 35 and his brother 64 and we will play good D. Yea y’all had a great 8th grade class move up this year but several of the studs never made the roster.(ended up other places) Our jr high went undefeated too. We played the same teams mostly. Our freshman were making plays last night already. 

Edited by Orangecountry

3 hours ago, MannBlue said:

It did do that.  I read the scoreboard too.  Hopefully we will rebound.  No excuses from me.  I can think of several reason why we lost but I don't want to bash any of our people.  They will adjust and we will be fine.  

Waverly has a very weak coaching staff, they did an awful job replacing Matt. The jr high Coach has won for several years with these kids the new coach says aren’t athletic. 

17 minutes ago, Safesquezze said:

Waverly has a very weak coaching staff, they did an awful job replacing Matt. The jr high Coach has won for several years with these kids the new coach says aren’t athletic. 

I think Waverly’s coaches did the best they could not having a true QB. He was left with a great line and a lot of young players. Give him time.  

Man, did not expect the game to go like it did, matter of fact, I don't think anyone in Waverly did. In my opinion, I think we got caught overlooking Mcewen and not taking them seriously and they came out to play and we didn't. My hats off to y'all. No excuses here. Even without the officiating, we still just got beat plain and simple. Congratulations and back to the drawing board for us!

1 hour ago, Safesquezze said:

You are the first person I have heard say that our coach said we are not athletic enough.  I do not believe the statement or that he made it.  One thing a coach is not going to do is admit that type of thing to people about the kids he has earning him a pay check.  I also disagree with the statement that Waverly is not athletic. The senior class is very athletic.  The sophomore class is great and the freshman class is going to be special.  I think we have too much experience and strength keeping our freshman off the field.  We have a couple sophomores out there and a couple that are hurt and cannot play.  Waverly will be fine.  We dont have a QB.  Stanfield is better than the freshman only because he is stronger and more experienced.  The freshman has a better arm.  

Someone else said they believe that we overlooked McEwen.  I think that was part of out problem. The easy answer is "we got BEAT". That happened for sure.  The reason why we got beat isn't one.  It was several of them. We can all give our opinions but the coaches have to see those same reasons in order to fix them. Don't know if we are there yet.  

oh and there is a HUGE difference in coaching jr high kids and high school kids.  

4 hours ago, Safesquezze said:

Not weak... new, and there's a big difference. Kids have to "buy in" to what the coach is teaching, and the coach has to figure out which kid can do what best in his system. You don't do what Waverly's coach did last year by accident. They were anywhere from mild to big underdogs in the quarters, semi's, and the championship game. You send South Pitt, Greenback, and Cornersville home with an L when everything is on the line in consecutive games, and you can flat out coach... especially when (in my humble opinion) you are outclassed in talent in all three.

19 hours ago, MannBlue said:

I don’t know the enrollment numbers or the seniors. I do know we are AA and you all are one A. One class difference. Big deal.  This is not pro baseball where A is inferior to AA.  In fact single A schools beat AA and AAA all the time,  I don’t think you A school are beating 5A schools on a regular basis.  The size difference is just too much,  I know a few of the kids and we have several underclassmen as well.  The line were a bunch of seniors. I really don’t know the answer to all that. I just saw all those senior banners on the bleachers. Enjoy it. We will see what happens next year.  Maybe waverly is headed to the gutter.  I wouldn’t be surprised by that either.  Who knows, maybe this is just the year of the red head b@st@ds since you all and Houston county are actually doing something positive sports related.  

You Waverly boys keep doubting us. I also find it funny some of you think our secondary is our weakest unit on D.