Super 32

Hamblin

What are peoples opinions regarding Super 32?

With USA Wrestling Junior/Cadet Nationals being July 13-19 when are kids & coaches expected to take a physical & mental break?  If kids train all Summer then I like to see them stay off the wrestling mat until after Labor Day.  I feel that the kids should still strength train and do some type of cardio but their bodies need some time to recover.  What I have always been told by the most elite athletes is that it takes eight weeks of intense training to get ready for a national tournament like Super 32.  My question is how can kids train hard for USA Wrestling Junior/Cadet Nationals and then turn around and train hard for Super 32 and expect to do well?  Should kids just focus on one tournament and not both tournaments?

17 minutes ago, Sommers said:

Super 32 can put one in the map for sure, but also be demoralizing without sufficient prep & training. Set your expectations.... Maybe low,,, hope for the best without injury, unless you're in the upper weights.

Wait, wait, wait...did you just...did you just tell someone to go to a tournament and expect to do poorly? The heck is wrong with you?

To qualify is an accomplishment. From Tennessee? In HS? Affirmative IMHO, if you are expecting to medal without sufficient prep. To win? Maybe I'm off slightly, but how many have won the Greensboro HS Super 32 in lower to mid weights from Tennessee?

Please help me with that.

16 hours ago, Sommers said:

To qualify is an accomplishment. From Tennessee? In HS? Affirmative IMHO, if you are expecting to medal without sufficient prep. To win? Maybe I'm off slightly, but how many have won the Greensboro HS Super 32 in lower to mid weights from Tennessee?

Please help me with that.

Why would you ever tell an athlete to go to a tournament and expect to lose? How is that productive to the athlete? You're smarter than this.

MTSU Wrestling Club is looking into hosting a preseason tournament/Super 32 warm up here in Murfreesboro for all ages. Wrestlers will be divided up by weight classes, age, and experience as much as possible so the more participants the better we can divide everyone up. Not sure the details yet but I am looking at September 28th or October 5th as the date(any thoughts?). When I figure out all the information I will get it uploaded on trackwrestling and then will post the information and link here.

Thank you, 

Coach Freeman

Head Coach MTSU Wrestling 

[email protected] 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:06 PM, CoachFreemanMTSU said:

MTSU Wrestling Club is looking into hosting a preseason tournament/Super 32 warm up here in Murfreesboro for all ages. Wrestlers will be divided up by weight classes, age, and experience as much as possible so the more participants the better we can divide everyone up. Not sure the details yet but I am looking at September 28th or October 5th as the date(any thoughts?). When I figure out all the information I will get it uploaded on trackwrestling and then will post the information and link here.

Thank you, 

Coach Freeman

Head Coach MTSU Wrestling 

[email protected] 

We would definitely have some kids compete if so! 

• Upvote 1