Can Stewie win 6 and make the playoffs?

nrgrizzlies

On 8/24/2019 at 9:47 AM, MidTennFootball said:

I guess you don't mind SC scheduling tough teams so much now, do ya? Congrats to SC

This is the year Stewie needs to make hay.  Smyrna got boat raced on their home field.  Antioch predictably got demolished.  LaVergne struggled in the first half vs a team that had never played a game before.  There is an opportunity for SCHS to get a really good seed and actually host a playoff game... and maybe advance... two things that have not happened before.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

I don't know about winning 6 games but the playoffs should certainly be in play. They have Antioch, LaVergne, McGavock and Overton all in region as very manageable games. They can lose to Cane Ridge and Smyrna ( who didn't look good either) and as long as they win a handful of those games above still make the playoffs.

They would be thrilled to get a north county sweep over LHS and SHS.   

8 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

I don't know about winning 6 games but the playoffs should certainly be in play. They have Antioch, LaVergne, McGavock and Overton all in region as very manageable games. They can lose to Cane Ridge and Smyrna ( who didn't look good either) and as long as they win a handful of those games above still make the playoffs.

I mean if they're capable of beating MJ, I'd say 6 is pretty close to a certainty. Cane Ridge will be the only game in which they will be an underdog

12 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I mean if they're capable of beating MJ, I'd say 6 is pretty close to a certainty. Cane Ridge will be the only game in which they will be an underdog

We don't know how to take that win over MJ just yet. Every year there are teams that have wins or losses that defy logic when you look back at the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

We don't know how to take that win over MJ just yet. Every year there are teams that have wins or losses that defy logic when you look back at the end of the season.

Absolutely, but when your schedule consists of Antioch, LaVergne, Overton, Clarksville, Station Camp and McGavock, I like their chances to win 5 of those games

10 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Absolutely, but when your schedule consists of Antioch, LaVergne, Overton, Clarksville, Station Camp and McGavock, I like their chances to win 5 of those games

MJ was slightly better than Hillsboro and Beech I their scrimmages. I would say there is enough substance to say MJ is not a bad team. Therefore I see SC easily winning 7-9 games. With that being said. MJ could just as easily start out 0-3 this season. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS