D2-A Top Ten (Who you got)

Titanmike

The last two years there has been a clear cut favorite in this division with FCS and DA.  I think this year anyone of the top five could step up and win gold.  Here is my best guess, let me hear your take.  Please provide any insight on your favorite team.  The numbers are returning starters and offense/defense.  

1- FCS 15 7/8 - Need to replace the QB position, should be solid everywhere else.

2 - USJ 17 9/8 - Last two years playing tougher competition should have them ready. Have the most returners as well.

3 - DA 16 8/8 - Returning most of last years team.  The three they lost were BIG. 

4 - CA 10 5/5 - Tough hard nose team.  Need to replace several starters. CA = Columbia Academy not Clarksville Academy.

5 - FA 15 8/7 - Good run last year and returning a lot.  Best QB in this division.  Could be the dark horse.

6 - NCS 11 4/7 - Good transfers came in last year but several holes to fill. 

7 - MTCS 12 6/6 - Best running back in division.  Can they test FCS this year?

8 - TCA 8 4/4 - Lots of starters to replace and I hear low player numbers.  Speedster gets them this high.

9 - TR 12 6/6 - Have showed improvement the last few years.  Don't know much about them.

10 - MJCS 13 6/7 - Lost their best two players.  I think they will take a step back this year.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the real strength in this division lies in the west region. Until they are knocked off the hill, Davidson Academy is still King. Friendship Christian will be the dominant team out of the East. After that I would go Columbia Academy, Nashville Christian, then Fayette Academy and usj who was beaten 31 to 0 in a scrimmage against Peabody

Edited by ReitzFan

6 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I believe the real strength in this division lies in the west region. Until they are knocked off the hill, Davidson Academy is still King. Friendship Christian will be the dominant team out of the East. After that I would go Columbia Academy, Nashville Christian, then Fayette Academy and usj who was beaten 31 to 0 in a scrimmage against Peabody

My understanding is DA needs a QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JRB said:

My understanding is DA needs a QB.

What about the younest Quinn? He’s a solid athlete, older brother was a stud and with dad being a former NFL qb and head coach he could do well. I say put him in there and run a little more. JMO

Edited by Hamblin
Spelling

On 8/9/2019 at 10:38 AM, Titanmike said:

The last two years there has been a clear cut favorite in this division with FCS and DA.  I think this year anyone of the top five could step up and win gold.  Here is my best guess, let me hear your take.  Please provide any insight on your favorite team.  The numbers are returning starters and offense/defense.  

1- FCS 15 7/8 - Need to replace the QB position, should be solid everywhere else.

2 - USJ 17 9/8 - Last two years playing tougher competition should have them ready. Have the most returners as well.

3 - DA 16 8/8 - Returning most of last years team.  The three they lost were BIG. 

4 - CA 10 5/5 - Tough hard nose team.  Need to replace several starters. CA = Columbia Academy not Clarksville Academy.

5 - FA 15 8/7 - Good run last year and returning a lot.  Best QB in this division.  Could be the dark horse.

6 - NCS 11 4/7 - Good transfers came in last year but several holes to fill. 

7 - MTCS 12 6/6 - Best running back in division.  Can they test FCS this year?

8 - TCA 8 4/4 - Lots of starters to replace and I hear low player numbers.  Speedster gets them this high.

9 - TR 12 6/6 - Have showed improvement the last few years.  Don't know much about them.

10 - MJCS 13 6/7 - Lost their best two players.  I think they will take a step back this year.

FCS is the clear number 1 and should be. As far as the bottom half of the top 10 it’s wide open. I do think DCA beats MJCA and MTCS both. The freshman and sophomores from last year are much bigger faster and stronger. 

Playerscoach, DCA was really down last year so I do expect them to start bouncing back up as they are a good program.  I would not be surprised if they beat MJCS but don't think they will improve enough to take MTCS.  Even though it was close last year.  You never know.  Looking at their schedule I think 4 wins this year. 

On 8/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, Titanmike said:

Playerscoach, DCA was really down last year so I do expect them to start bouncing back up as they are a good program.  I would not be surprised if they beat MJCS but don't think they will improve enough to take MTCS.  Even though it was close last year.  You never know.  Looking at their schedule I think 4 wins this year. 

You may be right. Having a full roster now and kids not having to go both ways will be huge. Plus they have added tons of size. Still young in the OL/DL but very big and strong now. Good WRs and RBs who are now a sophomore and Jr that can make plays. I see them winning some good games this year. Without injuries to key players that’s attainable IMO. Still not a contender but much improved. 

Edited by Playerscoach

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after one week any new predictions?  For most teams it is still too early to move up or down.  But, after seeing DA get beat bad by FRA and learning that Vetetoe is not playing for them this year I am dropping them to 7th.  I am thinking that FA, NCS and TCA will be moving up and Columbia Academy moving down in the coming weeks.  I would also not be surprised if DCA gets into the top 10 at some time this year.  Looks like a good year for this Division as they showed rather well against some DI-AA competition.

4 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Pump the brakes on TCA. They are young. Let them get their feet under them before they move up. St George’s was pitiful. 

Just remember, the boys at TCA are like a bunch of one-legged youngsters in a butt kicking contest. Nothing to see here. Go on about your business

• 2 weeks later...