Oak ridge football

Elitesports4

9 minutes ago, bonkers said:

Not sure what "childish play calling" would be. But let's get real man, Maryville could call anything and the result would've been the same. I didn't see a player match up anywhere on the field where OR had the better player. While I never like the play calling, this scrimmage was about superior personnel, plus the fact that OR played with no fire until the "fight" and Gaddis went crazy.

I wonder if Gaddis has calmed down yet? Man, from what I saw yesterday he’s the guy I want with me if I’m in a foxhole.

12 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I wonder if Gaddis has calmed down yet? Man, from what I saw yesterday he’s the guy I want with me if I’m in a foxhole.

I don't know him so I have no idea but I can't see how he could sleep after that sustained explosion, and I would bet that he's still on edge today. I don't know if he can fight but I don't to mess with his #### because he's crazy but I love it. And I agree, no matter his age, I want him in the foxhole with me. Most people fear a wild animal and that's what he looked like last night. So if someone comes to my foxhole to attack and Gaddis is in there with me, one look into his crazed eyes and they'll leave us alone and attack the next hole. If they should make a mistake and attack a foxhole with him in it, I would bet on him to kill them and then he'd probably eat them. He appeared possessed last night for about 15 minutes.

Why is everybody hyped about Gattis yelling??? Gattis has been back and hasn’t done anything? He’s had tee Higgins, Ted Mitchell, and Darell Middleton and made it no where! The plays have always been trash! Those coaches aren’t good coaches and it’s a whole community that agrees and stands on that.. we will see how they do but that’s oak ridge problem they live on tradition to long that happened decades ago! It’s very sad the personnel had and haven’t won

20 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I don't know him so I have no idea but I can't see how he could sleep after that sustained explosion, and I would bet that he's still on edge today. I don't know if he can fight but I don't to mess with his #### because he's crazy but I love it. And I agree, no matter his age, I want him in the foxhole with me. Most people fear a wild animal and that's what he looked like last night. So if someone comes to my foxhole to attack and Gaddis is in there with me, one look into his crazed eyes and they'll leave us alone and attack the next hole. If they should make a mistake and attack a foxhole with him in it, I would bet on him to kill them and then he'd probably eat them. He appeared possessed last night for about 15 minutes.

Haha!!!

29 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Why is everybody hyped about Gattis yelling??? Gattis has been back and hasn’t done anything? He’s had tee Higgins, Ted Mitchell, and Darell Middleton and made it no where! The plays have always been trash! Those coaches aren’t good coaches and it’s a whole community that agrees and stands on that.. we will see how they do but that’s oak ridge problem they live on tradition to long that happened decades ago! It’s very sad the personnel had and haven’t won

Hey man, if you noticed, you're getting no support on here. Go talk to Gaddis (are you ignorant or can you just not spell) if you have that big a problem with him. He and his staff shouldn't be too hard to find.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Just remember, this is your opinion here not the opinion of the "WHOLE COMMUNITY THAT AGREES AND STANDS ON THAT."

You are a good advocate for your opinion even though I disagree with your historical perspective. Most every school in the State would like to have a head coach with a  overall .710 winning percentage ( 314 - 128 ).  Gaddis and Coaches have produced All-Americans, All-States, All-District, All-Region and Mr. Footballs.  IMHO, we have been very close to going to Cookeville but have run into very fine teams in the playoffs. Not all the playoff defeats  were to fine teams, I will grant you that.

Basically, I can only go on how I feel inside about OR. I am happy and proud of what we have accomplished and will continue to cheer for the Cats in every sport or activity.

Oh, a few days ago, I came across two guys discussing the Top 5 WR in the NCAA on an Internet Radio show. They placed Tee at #3 and said one of the reasons for Tee's success was he had played at one of the greatest High Schools in the country and the same with Clemson. These guys were from Georgia but did know Oak Ridge represented the 865. If I come across this bit of video I will try to post it.

Enough of my opinions. Next Up???

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bonkers said:

Hey man, if you noticed, you're getting no support on here. Go talk to Gaddis (are you ignorant or can you just not spell) if you have that big a problem with him. He and his staff shouldn't be too hard to find.

I don’t need support?  Lol is that what you do say things so everybody else can agree with you? The thing is I know these players personally and have plenty of discussions with alumni’s and fans in the town! Nobody is afraid of Gaddis or anything you’re saying. It’s understood through most fans/community of how oak ridge sports are.. if you didn’t play at oak ridge or know the players don’t even comment to me f support 

4 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Just remember, this is your opinion here not the opinion of the "WHOLE COMMUNITY THAT AGREES AND STANDS ON THAT."

You are a good advocate for your opinion even though I disagree with your historical perspective. Most every school in the State would like to have a head coach with a  overall .710 winning percentage ( 314 - 128 ).  Gaddis and Coaches have produced All-Americans, All-States, All-District, All-Region and Mr. Footballs.  IMHO, we have been very close to going to Cookeville but have run into very fine teams in the playoffs. Not all the playoff defeats  were to fine teams, I will grant you that.

Basically, I can only go on how I feel inside about OR. I am happy and proud of what we have accomplished and will continue to cheer for the Cats in every sport or activity.

Oh, a few days ago, I came across two guys discussing the Top 5 WR in the NCAA on an Internet Radio show. They placed Tee at #3 and said one of the reasons for Tee's success was he had played at one of the greatest High Schools in the country and the same with Clemson. These guys were from Georgia but did know Oak Ridge represented the 865. If I come across this bit of video I will try to post it.

Enough of my opinions. Next Up???

I hear you loud and clear.. the funny thing is the guy above you said I have no support. If he knew who I was and the talks a ton of us actually have on this he would be on hush mode.. again this is my opinion on coach t you’re right.. I wouldn’t say he’s produced I would say he coached.. in his recent years he’s done nothing and that’s facts! He’s had tons of talent and can promise you if those players played elsewhere they would be winners.... I’ll Leave it at this. It’s sad when the players know they’d be way better at other schools because of how oak ridge sports does... like I told the guy you would have to have played or actually know the players and alumni’s on a close personal level not some coach t fan in Stands who knows anyone or never played the game!

1 hour ago, IanMackaye said:

OR hasn’t even sniffed a second place trophy in any sport in a while, let alone win one, so I don’t know what “tradition” means there any more. Years ago it was a different story.

Not sure what "sniffed" means to you but both the Boys and Girls Basketball teams have handled themselves well in the Boro. Both Cross Country teams still live up to their proud traditions. State Championships are not easy to win nor should they be. I can tell you all that when I wear my Oak Ridge swag down here in Chattanooga I still get compliments on our Sports Programs, individual athletes who have impressed their opponents with the class they showed in the heat of competition and of course my Big Ed's shirt is a conversation starter.

Once again, my opinion is over and who has got next?

• Upvote 1

Wow off a scrimmage. Could Oak Ridge won state championship in last 6 years. YES But so could South Doyle, Henry County, Rhea County, Ooltewah and many others that have great players. At the end of the day players and fate win championships. I been at 3 games OR lost in playoffs since Gaddis been back. Last year game versus Catholic 40+ points and lose. I remember 2 plays were the Oak Ridge DB just stopped running and one was for an Irish 1st diwn the other was a TD. The year before that against Catholic played a better team and almost pulled off upset. The Rhea County game several years ago they stopped OR with 5 guys in box. OR could not run the ball. It wasn't the call it was execution. Defensively Rhea made 4 big plays on 3rd down because the 1st the OR OLB went with back and Rhea ran a reverse for a big play . The other two were missed tackles. And 4th was when No one touched TE and he caught for a big 1st down. Those same games I do question calls (offense easier to critique) Rhea County game I would have thrown to Tee and Darel early cause their DBs were 5'6. Rhea County offense won't allow them to play from 2 TDs behind. Last year Catholic you're up 3 possession and your trying to throw. QB who plays defense was running around probably tired which hurt you on defense. Run the ball shorten the game. Your 2 RBs were good enough to take it to the house but if not you're going forward not backwards. Nevertheless the coaching staff has something fans and former players don't. Scout film, practice, knowledge of players, and consistency in understanding scheme. (Better athlete not always better player especially when he may not know his job or refuse to do What coached.) In other words if each player is a piece of puzzle and 1 player is a triangle but the piece missing is a circle. You can't use them. 

Edited by GIJoe
Errors
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1