Oak ridge football

Elitesports4

11 minutes ago, catswild said:

That's a big reason why we went to the state that year...and we should've won it. Blew that one but that's another story in itself.

Yeah, let’s not even go there ha. Credit to Ravenwood though, they were tough, but we should’ve won. Oh well, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

Edited by SweetScience

4 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

Buck up fellas. Chins high. It certainly could be worse. You could be a 6A team with a sub .500 record the past FIVE years in fact your high water mark is 3 wins in 1 season. You could have a coach that the past 2 years has not had any practices during the bye week because he takes a FAMILY VACATION! You could have a coach that hires his cronie bootlicker pals as assistant coaches instead of skilled coaches. You could have an AD that is way more interested in other sports and fat boosters than the welfare and future of the football program and players. When I read this thread It comes to mind how the William Blount Gov players and parents would jump at the chance to trade places with you!  Hang on to your storied traditions. The foundation is still there. Bow your necks, put your shoulders into it and rebuild! Trust me! It could be WAY worse!

Very true! Things could be way worse. I honestly feel for the folks at WB.

2 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Look on the bright side.  Current Head Coach is WAY better than y'alls last one!

He screws up at LaVergne this year I bet you could get him back.   LOL

Scott Blade came before they hired Gaddis back. If LaVergne hadn't fired Stevens by now, not sure if they ever will under current administration

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, let’s not even go there ha. Credit to Ravenwood though, they were tough, but we should’ve won. Oh well, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

....Willie would bring pizza and beer and we would have a heck of a party.

Oh, I thought of a bright side for the Maryville scrimmage....IT WAS A FREE ACE KICKING.

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Blade was not much better than Stevens.  lol

OR went in completely different directions under Stevens and Blade. Stevens inherited a program ready made for a title and turned it into a tire fire. While Blade never won a title at OR, there's nothing in his resume to suggest that it wouldn't happen down the road. 

For someone that's watched alot of football that's a pretty bad comparison

44 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

What do y'all think about this...

We beat HVA and things suddenly don't seem so bad?

--Or--

We drop our first three games then run the table to a State Championship. Knoxville Central did that very thing last year.

--Or--

Okay time for y'all to write a positive ending to the season THAT HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET....

Willie we actually only started 0-2 but I see where your going. I think OR will be fine but they do have a tough schedule. OR’s biggest hurdle is getting over the hump come playoff time. They battled Catholic to the wire the last two years, now there’s no Catholic but they must go through Powell and Fulton. It can be done

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

OR went in completely different directions under Stevens and Blade. Stevens inherited a program ready made for a title and turned it into a tire fire. While Blade never won a title at OR, there's nothing in his resume to suggest that it wouldn't happen down the road. 

For someone that's watched alot of football that's a pretty bad comparison

Blade in his second year went to game before the state championship? What are you talking about? That team probably would have won state if didn’t turn the ball over! Lost to Maryville at Maryville in the 4th round! There’s been no team close since blade?!!!