OR vs HVA (Opening Game At The 'Ship)

bonkers

A few good things from tonight.Romano played his butt off.Jackson is gonna be good the next 3 yrs.Both Adams boys was all over the place making plays.Also C.Malone.Bad news is the Offense is beyond bad as we feared.I don't know how with all your starters back but the OLine has got worse.Nothing good from the QB or WRs which wasn't all their fault.The defense played really good considering they was on the field all night and got better as night went on.The defense gave us great field position all night and we was really lucky if we got a 1st down.Not a surprise but the play calling was awful.All night we had 3rd or 4th and less than 2 and would run the worst plays ever.Its gonna be a long yr and I hope we can find something positive to build on for the future.I love Gaddis but without studs to bail us out it really exposes so much.Props to everybody who has put in money and time at the Ship because it looks great

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, boyfromsi said:

That was very ugly.  Horrible play calling.  Defense was good and gave us a chance to win.  Hardin Valley was solid and didn't do much to beat themselves.  We have a lot of young guys that need to grow up fast.  Hate to say it, but 5-5 will be an accomplishment for this team.

I agree and would take 5-5 all day right now.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkSide said:

Wow!! What's going on in the Ridge? 

1 minute ago, boyfromsi said:

That was very ugly.  Horrible play calling.  Defense was good and gave us a chance to win.  Hardin Valley was solid and didn't do much to beat themselves.  We have a lot of young guys that need to grow up fast.  Hate to say it, but 5-5 will be an accomplishment for this team.

They were bigger than OR and faster than OR.  OR had receivers open but didn't get them the ball. When HVA has more speed than OR, then the play calling is not the main problem...although I didn't agree with all the play calls. This may be the slowest OR team I've ever seen. We may be faster than Campbell County and Clinton, but nobody else.

Let's face it folks, if plays work then they are good play calls. If they don't work then they're bad. I saw THREE wide receivers WIDE OPEN for TDs and the QB either didn't see them or decided to tuck it and run too soon. They were good play calls that should have won the game since we lost by seven. There were a couple of calls that I just couldn't understand but that always happens. I thought Romano ran hard and Jackson is good. The defense is good and the punter is good. The kicker is good too. Several positives but there is not much speed out there. Number 7 for Hardin Valley would beat anyone on the OR team by a lot in a 40. Their play calls were good when they just gave it to 7! Also, I love the little #6!

Originally posted to Facebook...

Tough loss. I am not going to be negative because I'm sure the players feel worse than anybody. The Wildcats are going to need to have a short memory, believe in themselves, work hard and make improvements. You are not a bad team ( 4 - 6 ) or an average team ( 5 - 5 ). You are a team that is going to get better each and every week. Guys, the Defense is only going to get better and they were darn good last night. The Offense just needs more experience which will come as the season rolls along. Head up QB 1, keep grinding backs and recievers and play fast and nasty OL. Special teams have the potential to be a big part of the team. To those players who played some to none, GET BETTER by practicing hard. You don't know it but many of you will be counted on this season so BE READY! I love our team and will NEVER turn my back on you. Wildcats, You Got This! RWR! Enjoy the upcoming week! Kingsport is a challenge but you will be ready. There is NO DOUBT!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I noticed on the HVA / OR recap tread someone mentioned that a few fans are jumping ship. 

Please, know I am not jumping ship, I just have little to say because I haven't seen the game. I have seen dozens of short video clips over on Twitter.

Oh, to be honest, I think most if not all of the Oak Ridge fans have taken this loss pretty darn well. Yes, people have been negative about certain things but they have the right to be. Oak Ridge did not play well and still could have won. Frustrating but life is like that.

DB Week. I personally do not like Kingsport. I hate Farragut, dislike DB and enjoy the Clinton rivalry. Cats take down the Indians like I know you can and start this season a rolling.. RWR.

One last thing about the elephant in the corner...our QB. Great game last night? No. But he did play well in his start against a much better Fulton ream last year. So we KNOW he can DO IT, now lets support him push him in the right direction. RWR!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1