OR vs HVA (Opening Game At The 'Ship)

bonkers

This game is usually a defensive struggle and I expect no different this season. The OR defense appears to be a notch or two below normal and the offense seems several notches below normal. My guess is that OR won't score more than 14 points (based on what I've seen or heard about in the scrimmages) so the defense better be prepared to carry the load as usual.  It may come down to the kicking game which is hard to gauge in a scrimmage and I don't know anything about the HVA kicking game. I'm going to call this game as a 14-10 OR win.

OK...no interest. It's hard to believe but it's all too apparent. I never thought I would live to see this day. Don't any of you ever get on me about being negative...at least I care. We wait (at least I do) nine months for football season to come back around and now it's game week to start the season and nobody has anything to say. I hate to say it but I wish Elite would come back...a negative opinion is better than no opinion at all.

22 minutes ago, catswild said:

OK...no interest. It's hard to believe but it's all too apparent. I never thought I would live to see this day. Don't any of you ever get on me about being negative...at least I care. We wait (at least I do) nine months for football season to come back around and now it's game week to start the season and nobody has anything to say. I hate to say it but I wish Elite would come back...a negative opinion is better than no opinion at all.

I never thought I would say this, but I agree with you. I don’t know enough about either team yet to have a valid opinion. 

Edited by froshpop
Added info

10 minutes ago, froshpop said:

I never thought I would say this, but I agree with you. I don’t know enough about either team yet to have a valid opinion. 

I guess a lopsided scrimmage "loss" ( I don't think it's even possible to "win" or "lose" a scrimmage since they don't count) to Maryville has silenced the OR faithful for the entire season. Sad...sad...sad

50 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

If you are up and around the Walk of Champions Friday Night take time to enjoy the land scapipping by Simplygreen Lawn Care. They did the work for free.

RWR, Oak Ridge WE GOT THIS!

That's great news...it always looks shabby. The school system should take better care of it but they don't. 

Being from Maryville and seeing that scrimmage against Oak Ridge might be the best thing for your guys. We went through a very tough game with Catholic the week before which woke somebody up because Maryville has been on fire since that. We played Central the following Tuesday and won 40-0 with the game getting called with ten minutes left. That game went pretty much the same way with us jumping out 28-0 real quick and then the subbing started. Friends from Blount have told me HVA was the better of the two teams they scrimmaged. Take it for all it's worth and hopefully they knock HVA off. I'm always pulling for Oak Ridge.

• Like 1

I don't have much info but what I got could cause OR problems this Friday. HVA has a senior defensive lineman named Jaylen Moore ( 6 - 2, 240 ). I have seen him called almost unblockable and the best kept secret in Knox County and maybe the State. Twice it has been predicted that this will be his breakout season. Last season he had 105 tackles compared to Wildcat Jacob Adams' 106 hammers.

UTC has already offered Moore.

RWR! Fill the dang Ship! Kick some dang bottom! YOU HAVE GOT THIS!