DII-A

WildcatCrazies

6 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

if it is blatant and you have video proof of it, I have no problem with calling out a team, coach, or player. It is hard to dispute video proof. In this case the poster had clear video proof.

They are kids. You don’t know what else happened in the game. It’s just poor form and Goodpasture should have a talk with him. It’s just not a classy thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

They are kids. You don’t know what else happened in the game. It’s just poor form and Goodpasture should have a talk with him. It’s just not a classy thing to do.

So who talks to the coach about calling that most inappropriate goal line play. Referring to a couple of other things I don't care what else may have happened in that game. If an individual is going to make the choice to play like a thug, I don't have a problem calling them a thug. Thug play is inappropriate and should be called out.

1 minute ago, Titanmike said:

It was a flagrant facemask and a penalty. A very violent play but not worthy of ejection. He was fighting off a block and just grabs what he can. He is a large kid and best keep an eye on where he is on every play.

If that play wasn't Worthy for ejection in your opinion then I don't know what would be. That was absolutely uncalled for. Both hands on the helmet. He had opportunity how to make a tackle without the violent play directed towards another player's head. That play was much worse than a lot of this targeting stuff that they call now

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

If that play wasn't Worthy for ejection in your opinion then I don't know what would be. That was absolutely uncalled for. Both hands on the helmet. He had opportunity how to make a tackle without the violent play directed towards another player's head. That play was much worse than a lot of this targeting stuff that they call now

Goodpasture had no face mask calls, did not hold once and had no late little cheap shots. They have superior sportsmanship and no lapses in judgement. On the other hand , I haven’t sat and singled out every play and looked for those actions. What 2 players were ejected. One was 73 who reacted to a play where Goodpasture was flagged for a pretty aggressive face mask. Pretty sure that had to be an illusion, because GP does not do that sort of thing. Just curious who the other ejection was? 

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Nothing but class from Goodpasture players and coaches, that’s what else happened. Fought the refs, dirty players, and a classless coach all night. I was at the game so I saw what was going on. NC has a good football team but that’s not how the game is supposed to be played or coached. Coach and players lived up to the coaches reputation.

14 minutes ago, Eagle9019 said:

Goodpasture had no face mask calls, did not hold once and had no late little cheap shots. They have superior sportsmanship and no lapses in judgement. On the other hand , I haven’t sat and singled out every play and looked for those actions. What 2 players were ejected. One was 73 who reacted to a play where Goodpasture was flagged for a pretty aggressive face mask. Pretty sure that had to be an illusion, because GP does not do that sort of thing. Just curious who the other ejection was? 

73 slammed a player doing nothing. Nice try though.

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

You really should look at the Jackson Sun Dirty Dozen. Usj was ranked 7th in the first poll and moved up to 5th this past week without playing a game.

I think we can all agree that preseason polls are pointless. But to your point, at least USJ had fielded a team and played in a jamboree at that point. I just found it humorous that the NCS as a frontrunner prediction seemingly came out of nowhere right after a bye week. NCS always (at least in the last decade) fields a good team, although the last couple of years pale in comparison to the state title run a few years back. In a unique position as an NCS alum and now a USJ parent, I most definitely have 10/4 circled on my calendar as an opportunity to catch up with a few old friends and hopefully see a good old fashioned "fist-fight Campbellite" (to quote the late Coach Keeton) on the gridiron. Based on some of the reports above, I guess I better hope the fist-fight remains metaphorical.

4 hours ago, youthsportsPIX said:

I only call things like I see them.   Here a little something from the first series of the game in the 1st quarter.  Face mask was called on this play but does it qualify as flagrant?  Does it qualify for player ejection?  

Dude you do realize your team over the years has had its fair share of 15 yard type plays don’t you? I mean, you guys have had kids do and say things that your coaches don’t teach. It’s a violent game being played by kids so there will always be things that happen that shouldn’t.  You singled out a kid and that’s poor form. I know you’re very young so maybe you don’t know any better? You make GP look bad by doing so. 

4 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Dude you do realize your team over the years has had its fair share of 15 yard type plays don’t you? I mean, you guys have had kids do and say things that your coaches don’t teach. It’s a violent game being played by kids so there will always be things that happen that shouldn’t.  You singled out a kid and that’s poor form. I know you’re very young so maybe you don’t know any better? You make GP look bad by doing so. 

If someone is doing something wrong it should always be called out. Just my opinion and I respect yours. 

You can argue "this kid did this", "the ref didn't call that" all day... there's an old adage that says teams attitudes and style are a reflection of the coach. Probably not word for word, but you get the picture. I've witnessed good kids do stupid things in the heat of battle, but they're usually anomalies, and happen only once or twice per team, per season. When the coach lines his team up in victory formation and sneaks the QB in a blatant attempt to run the score up, that speaks volumes about his character and morals (not just to us, but also to his team). 

• Like 1