Laussane vs Mayfield 8/23/19

OntopofthewestKY

I would love, absolutely love, for Luzianne to get a taste of some home field advantage finally (besides the CPA game). I won't go back into all the old posts, but Luzi's facilities for visiting fans is the worst I have ever seen or been a part of.  The worst.  They will say they can't help it, lack of room, soccer field, etc, etc.  They do not want the opposing team or fans to enjoy the game at all.  None.  They even stick the opposing cheerleaders as far away from the team and visiting fans as possible.  I want Mayfield to be as raucous as possible (of course within the confines of good sportsmanship), and make it as uncomfortable as they can for the Lynx.  Maybe the refs will ask the deputies to ask the visiting crowd to quieten down.

2 hours ago, OntopofthewestKY said:

Thanks for the info boogie man.. so id say we were doing pretty good to get this one in the 30s.. i can only imagine the Memphis talent level an how a school like this can start sucking it up real quick.. ppl around here are holding this team in high reguards an fired up to play this type of hyped up competition so early.. personally id rather play them mid season to assure quirks are all worked out but then u take risk of unwanted injury.. are the lynx used to playing on grass.. we typically have one of the nicest grass fields in the state..the stadium by new standards isnt much too look at besides the huge wall on the south side with all the state titles broadcasted on it.. they refuse to update the historic stadium.. the visitors side can be accessed through the main gate or on the scoreboard end of the field..visitor side of the field the bleachers are fairly small but on the home side opposite the scoreboard end is reserved for visitors as well.. i look for this to be a packed crowd..  in the endzone opposite the score board things get a lil crazy.. its reserved for the red helmet club$100 ticket to park in endzone, an will be littered with old players an supernatural football fans bbq an grills ... once the game starts it will be lined with ppl in the back of trucks hooping an hollaring.. its a pretty intense atmosphere down there as they are right next to the field.. ppl in that club start parking their trucks days before game day to get good spots.. id get there early as tailgating will start around 5..

early forcast has a 50% chance of rain.. could play into lynx favor.. i had looked for mayfields passing game to be the difference in opening this one up. Typically we are the fastest team on the field but looks like we could be even on this one..

dont worry bout Booger gettin there early....go head and give that seat to sumone else.....ant got no dog in this fight.....that passin attack yall got....which is all u got....may just b enuff to take the W.....cause Luzzianne is a shell of well they have been

...should b a great atmospheric locale for the locals

Booger just sayin:mrgreen:

1 hour ago, chainsaw2 said:

I would love, absolutely love, for Luzianne to get a taste of some home field advantage finally (besides the CPA game). I won't go back into all the old posts, but Luzi's facilities for visiting fans is the worst I have ever seen or been a part of.  The worst.  They will say they can't help it, lack of room, soccer field, etc, etc.  They do not want the opposing team or fans to enjoy the game at all.  None.  They even stick the opposing cheerleaders as far away from the team and visiting fans as possible.  I want Mayfield to be as raucous as possible (of course within the confines of good sportsmanship), and make it as uncomfortable as they can for the Lynx.  Maybe the refs will ask the deputies to ask the visiting crowd to quieten down.

oh lawdy....dont we nose chain preachin sum truth

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Booger said:

dont worry bout Booger gettin there early....go head and give that seat to sumone else.....ant got no dog in this fight.....that passin attack yall got....which is all u got....may just b enuff to take the W.....cause Luzzianne is a shell of well they have been

...should b a great atmospheric locale for the locals

Booger just sayin:mrgreen:

We are pretty balanced. If the line can block any.. you will see it...  We have a senior who his really hungry because he's played defense the last two years.. and a junior who's in the same boat. Fearless, strong, and speedy.

After reading up on them, I like what I see.  I predict the Cards by 3 six pointers with all 3 of the extra kicks after the six pointers. 

Private schools of this size are actually pretty commonplace for Mayfield.  Privates are in the same class with public schools in KY and pretty much dominate in the 2 classes (2A and 4A) that almost everyone of them are in.  Other than Mayfield and a couple other publics they win almost all the state titles.   

Edited by ToothPick

Really doubt that, Mr. ToothPick. That would put Lausanne at about 7 TDs worse than they were last few seasons. I guess it could happen, but...not a Lausanne fan but respect where it's due. They're an elite program with some well-coached athletes. 

Edited by Kublah

Highly doubt it ends up as a 3 score game either way. After reading up from the Mayfield people here, I think the overall talent level is probably pretty even, but I’d probably give them the slight advantage, based on experience and being at home. But I won’t be surprised at all if Lausanne comes back home with a W. 

Will Mayfield have a live steam online by chance? I was hoping to make the trip but doesn’t look like I will be able to. 

18 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Highly doubt it ends up as a 3 score game either way. After reading up from the Mayfield people here, I think the overall talent level is probably pretty even, but I’d probably give them the slight advantage, based on experience and being at home. But I won’t be surprised at all if Lausanne comes back home with a W. 

Will Mayfield have a live steam online by chance? I was hoping to make the trip but doesn’t look like I will be able to. 

You can get radio streamed over the net at mywymc.com.   They will go on air 30 minutes before the kick, maybe earlier since this is the first game of the season.