Laussane vs Mayfield 8/23/19

OntopofthewestKY

8 hours ago, Kublah said:

What a fun game. Lausanne will probably have the size and speed advantage, but those Mayfield boys know how to play ball. Last couple years, Lausanne would probably have won comfortably, but this year should be a slugfest. Not betting against either of these teams.

I think that Lausanne is a huge question mark this season... with their location and recent history, I expect them to "acquire" some stud players to replace what left, but the fact remains that the core of last years ( last 3 years) team isn't there any longer. Mayfield is stout. They have a great tradition, a great offensive scheme, and great returning players that are proven. As things stand this season, I'd favor Mayfield. No offense intended to the Cardinal fans, but you're catching the Lynx at the perfect time... I'd have to agree with Kublah, and say that for the past two or three seasons that Lausanne would have been too much for y'all. The CPA team that eliminated them was very solid and talented, but without playing in a hog pen, Lausanne (IMHO) would have won state again. I really hope that Mayfield takes it to the Lynx... I love a wide open, all out attempt to score on every play style of offense, and attacking, don't give an inch defense like Mayfield plays... just don't equate this year's version with the past, the only thing that will be the same is the uniforms.

• Upvote 1

I can't WAIT until this game! An early season challenge for the Cardinals is great for all the kids and makes for exciting football. I've been to all the 7v7 and scrimmages. Mayfield's starters dominated but the subs gave away quite a bit. That's to be expected but the step down in confidence was noticeable. The Cards have a couple of weapons no one saw much of last year and I think they will be effective. The #1 RB was mostly defense the last couple of years and now, as a junior, looks fantastic and is hard-nosed, quick, and extremely strong. He's in the gym constantly. Receivers average 6'2" and starters have a ton of experience. As mentioned above, our place kicker is much improved on strength / distance and should be putting the ball in the endzone.

You figure it will be all Mayfield this year?  Your in for a rude awakening.  This game will show you why you picked the wrong team to schedule.  This may be the Lynx rebuilding year, but they still will win this game don't care how loaded You think Mayfield is.  This Will be the only year Mayfield can even be competitive.  The last 3 years the Lynx would have dominated, just like they will next year.  Enjoy this game this year even in your loss, cause it will be the only time the Kentucky team can even keep it close.  I suspect after next year's thrashing Mayfield will drop this game.  Big difference in Union City, and the Lynx.  You struggled to beat Union City last year, and that was the worst Golden Tornado team they have had in a decade.  Everyone pummeled Union City last year, and Mayfield snuck away with a close home win.

10 hours ago, Manowar said:

You figure it will be all Mayfield this year?  Your in for a rude awakening.  This game will show you why you picked the wrong team to schedule.  This may be the Lynx rebuilding year, but they still will win this game don't care how loaded You think Mayfield is.  This Will be the only year Mayfield can even be competitive.  The last 3 years the Lynx would have dominated, just like they will next year.  Enjoy this game this year even in your loss, cause it will be the only time the Kentucky team can even keep it close.  I suspect after next year's thrashing Mayfield will drop this game.  Big difference in Union City, and the Lynx.  You struggled to beat Union City last year, and that was the worst Golden Tornado team they have had in a decade.  Everyone pummeled Union City last year, and Mayfield snuck away with a close home win.

OK, here's how this works. If you intend to reply directly to someone's post, you hit the "quote" tab at the bottom of it. That way when you start your post with "You figure", we won't have to wonder to whom you are directing your question... in case that it was me because I said that I'd favor Mayfield this year, I'll respond.

I don't pick who Mayfield schedules, nor am I a fan of theirs (never saw them play), but I am aware of their tradition and recent history of fielding excellent football teams. I also know how high school teams are "assembled" in Memphis, and that Lausanne is the "hot" football destination there right now, so don't think that I doubt for one minute that the Lynx will have talent all over the field. Considering both aspects, I believe that Mayfield's experience and cohesive play will be enough. If I'm wrong, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Haha.. 43-27 wasnt hardly a struggle although we allowed them to have a better game due to loss of our entire linbacker core an finding our d line after halftime.. but wat about the good uc team we beat like our red headed step childs sisters to the south the year before 41-0..our third string got even got to play that game uc dropped us off the sched like they do every time they think they have a chance to beat us an get embarrassed.. i personally like that matchup if uc continues to push out good competition.. but i like this one even better.. lets consider this for u to chew on.. mayfield has a population of 12,000-14,000 ppl an has zero pull or recruiting from anywhere... ummm .. memphis 650,000 ppl..  just think about that for a min ..  they should beat mayfield into a pulp.. smh.. make sure laussane brings some fans so they can all witness lil ole mayfield football.. i can promis u that u have never seen a more prolific public school continuously own the gridiron in this area.. mayfield is more balanced making near impossible to stop.. you will see.. i stand by this will be the best offense they see this year even if they make it to the tenn goldenball.. but i see this being a flip flop series considering we will loose the heart of our offense at the end of the year. But i wont count out our chances next year either cause we still have alot of talent flowing up through lower classes.. i hope it continues to stay a game on the sched for several years .. both teams need this kinda competition on their schedules 

Edited by OntopofthewestKY

12 hours ago, OntopofthewestKY said:

Haha.. 43-27 wasnt hardly a struggle although we allowed them to have a better game due to loss of our entire linbacker core an finding our d line after halftime.. but wat about the good uc team we beat like our red headed step childs sisters to the south the year before 41-0..our third string got even got to play that game uc dropped us off the sched like they do every time they think they have a chance to beat us an get embarrassed.. i personally like that matchup if uc continues to push out good competition.. but i like this one even better.. lets consider this for u to chew on.. mayfield has a population of 12,000-14,000 ppl an has zero pull or recruiting from anywhere... ummm .. memphis 650,000 ppl..  just think about that for a min ..  they should beat mayfield into a pulp.. smh.. make sure laussane brings some fans so they can all witness lil ole mayfield football.. i can promis u that u have never seen a more prolific public school continuously own the gridiron in this area.. mayfield is more balanced making near impossible to stop.. you will see.. i stand by this will be the best offense they see this year even if they make it to the tenn goldenball.. but i see this being a flip flop series considering we will loose the heart of our offense at the end of the year. But i wont count out our chances next year either cause we still have alot of talent flowing up through lower classes.. i hope it continues to stay a game on the sched for several years .. both teams need this kinda competition on their schedules 

u forgot to mention Co-opin as part of them Luzziane athletics

Booger just sayin :twisted:

• Upvote 1